Hurst Models

sub39h

Are these guys still trading? I've been after a few items (things as varied as 442 cab ends, Eurostar coach etchings, Mk4 detailing parts, Mk3 detailing parts and pantographs) and they don't have ANYTHING in stock... I've tried to contact them via email but no reply there either. 

• RMweb Premium

I have all but given up as like you I have been waiting for 442 parts to come back into stock, have been checking back every week for the best part of four years now.  I appreciate it is a bit of a one man band cottage industry type but there gets to a point where either they need to indicate new batches will be made within 'x' months or else take it off the website altogether. 

The website also seems to me to state that email inquiries as to when out of stock items will be restocked are not welcome which puts me off even more.

• 1 month later...

I have all but given up as like you I have been waiting for 442 parts to come back into stock, have been checking back every week for the best part of four years now.  I appreciate it is a bit of a one man band cottage industry type but there gets to a point where either they need to indicate new batches will be made within 'x' months or else take it off the website altogether. 

The website also seems to me to state that email inquiries as to when out of stock items will be restocked are not welcome which puts me off even more.

I'm waiting for CK3315 to come back in stock and all I can do is keep checking back every couple of weeks. Surely email inquiries as to when out of stock items will be restocked would let them know if demand exists and the items are worth restocking?

I might end up just having to get some plastic section and have a go...

• 2 months later...

I keep asking Phoenix Precision about 156 castings, as they inherited the MTK tooling via NNK, but apparently they are split across several tools and he hasn't yet sorted out exactly where they all are (which with the large heap of MTK tooling must be a real issue) . As far as Hurst is concerned , it does look like they have effectively been fading away for some years now and all that's left is the smile on the face of the Cheshire cat/website 

• 1 year later...

On the home page of their website there is, in the bottom right hand corner, a section which states that under breaking news they have some products now back in stock.

I've just navigated my way around the website succesfully and purchased some bits and pieces. Paid by PayPal and recieved a confirmation e-mail saying 'allow up to 4 weeks for delivery'

So, all in all, it would seem as though Hurst are still very much in business. I hope they go from strength to strength and re-issue more of their very useful detailing parts.

cheers

Andy

Archived