The Waverley Route revisited!

bigwordsmith

9 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

I think you'd regret selling the shed.  There's no guarantee that when the new owners moved in they wouldn't convert it to non-rail use and you would have dozens of lorries and stacks of materials, pallets, heaven knows what across what was once the loco yard.  Or worse, raze it to the ground and build a supermarket, apartments or a rugby stadium....

OH I am so chuckling at that one - just before we moved from the last house I ran one last 'Yard clearance special' - pic below...

IMG_0897.jpg.79c50987120a4ee72526639895f5ef10.jpg

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hello everyone. Some very sad news that I have just learned from FB. Here are the words of Peter's daughter:

"Hi everyone, this is Peter's daughter Gemma. I just wanted to inform everyone that Peter caught covid over Christmas, and after a short battle passed away on the 6th Jan"

I am banned from FB so cannot respond, however I have the FB link if anyone wanted to respond there. ONLY by PM.

RIP Smiffy.

Phil

• Friendly/supportive 15

49 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Hello everyone. Some very sad news that I have just learned from FB. Here are the words of Peter's daughter:

"Hi everyone, this is Peter's daughter Gemma. I just wanted to inform everyone that Peter caught covid over Christmas, and after a short battle passed away on the 6th Jan"

I am banned from FB so cannot respond, however I have the FB link if anyone wanted to respond there. ONLY by PM.

RIP Smiffy.

Phil

Hi Phil 

I thought the message came from Peters daughter, but if it came from you thank you so much for letting us know.

I did reply but not sure where my reply has gone to.

Regards

David

• Friendly/supportive 1