Parts help

I've just bought a Hornby class 29 with the intention of converting it to a class 21. However, when ordering the parts from MG-sharp, I found that they've gone into liquidation. Where can I get the parts because Howes doesn't stock them or is there some form of guide to do the conversion with plastikard because this is peeing me off big time

Frm the closed webpage

Our Shopping Cart & Emails Are Not Currently Working - Due To Our Software & Hosting Company Going In To Liquidation.

If You Would Like To Order Anything Please Call Us On 0114-244-0851 Or You Can Order Using The "Order Page" From Our Old Web Site... Click Here.

i have used M G shap in the passed for parts with no problem . if somebody got hold of your credit card details then used them your credit card companey should sort it out for you . somebody could hack into your conputer and get your details this is the time we all live in now.

what is the problem with useing your card over the phone? i have been doing it for years no problem at all. they see your details what ever way you use it.

Actually, working in a shop which takes orders online, we don't see the customer's bank details at all. We get a web page where we enter the amount of cash to charge, and each time the bank checks to make sure it's not a fraudulent transaction. We aren't able to charge more than the customer originally permits (which often frustrates customers who "only want to add a little tin of paint" to an order); we just can't do it. It's all set up to stop us from getting access to your money. Well, more than you're prepared to give us, anyway!

I've just never done it before & therefore have no idea how secure it is. I know I'm desperate for parts but not desperate enough to get my cash nicked

What do you think we did before the Internet, which has only been around a few years, we picked up the phone.

... Plus, seeing as I'm only 18, I haven't the luxury of a cheque book

Cannot resist adding that when I was 18, I had the 'luxury' of a cheque book, but of course no money, because I had to make a student grant budget and whatever holiday earnings I could scrape together stretch to cover my living expenses. Missed out on several very desireable items at the time for this reason. There is no new thing under the sun.

Back on subject, since then, over thirty years of using my credit card over the phone for 'everything' at least twice monthly has not resulted in one single loss.  A regular bricks and mortar retailer is safe because there can be no doubt about who is responsible, unlike the interfraudinet where transparency is absent...

Archived