If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Just saying G'day guys

sandwich station

Hi guys,

Came across this fantastic forum by chance earlier and have been having a good read of some of the threads, makes for hours of interesting reading. :)

Why the name sandwich station you might ask? Well that was my local mainline station (which I want to model in the near future), I can remember standing on the platform in the early/mid 60's seeing spam cans and 4ceps in there early green livery. This is my project for now :)...... but for some reason, usually my heart lies in the London Midland region (maybe it was that old Triang Princess I had as my first loco), where I have modelled a few layouts over the years based on pure fictitious places, I'm sure I'll end up doing another.

I'm actually living in Aus now, so it's nice to catch up on all the British items being produced.

Thanks Peter.  

• RMweb Premium

Hi Peter and welcome aboard from another Lancaster resident.

You'll find that this is a very distracting, informative and time-consuming forum - and we have quite a few members from Australia and New Zealand active here as well.

You don't need an excuse to like LM steam - the fact that it exists is reason enough (that extreme view comes from my late uncle, who was a draughtsman at Derby, then moved into a  Superintendent post at Crewe, and who believed that the Princess was one of the best types ever to grace a railway track anywhere in the world).

Regards

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Hi Peter

I'm also around Melbourne, probably a bit further east than you as I'm in Launching Place.

I too am interested in the LMS, perhaps as a result owning a Tri-ang Jinty, although the LT&SR at Leigh on Sea was my local railway station (at least that's where Dad caught the train to work).  Sadly it was electrified when I was 5 or 6.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Peter and welcome,

I, too, had a Princess (Elizabeth) when I was about 7 at about 1970ish. I wish I still had it!

It came in a set with a flat car, a mineral wagon, a UD milk wagon (although at the time I would never put the tank wagon next to the loco in case it exploded! - My own working rule book even then!!) and finally a box car with a giraffe (which I hated for not being prototypical!!!).

That's if I remember rightly that is.

Enjoy RMweb – I know I do.

Kev.

Archived