Basildon this weekend - 6 and & July

David C

Basildon MRC are organising this show this coming weekend at the James Hornsby School, Leinster Rd., Laindon, Basildon, SS15 5NX. Opening times are 10.00 am both days, closing at 17.00 on Saturday and 16.30 on Sunday.

Woodstowe will be making its second public appearance after Tonbridge last February.

post-4159-0-15788300-1337203968_thumb.jpg
post-4159-0-73325000-1337203839_thumb.jpg

Will be packing up tomorrow - I just hope it will all go in the car!

David C

• RMweb Premium

I spent a pleasant few hours there today, plenty to see and buy. Woodstowe was the stand-out layout, followed closely by Hythe.

If you are going tomorrow I advise to go early, it's going to get hot in that hall. 

Would have to agree Woodstowe was the "finest" layout there. Having been for five or six years now, this year appeared to have the least amount of good quality layouts I think, yet turnout seemed high. The East Ham show (in Rainham) often has many more finescale layouts (and more O gauge) yet fewer people-whilst I've been there. Perhaps people have more to do than visit exhibitions in November? But no C+L (admittedly not there the last couple of years), in fact, not a huge amount of trade support full stop, it's a shame, it's a popular location clearly, but I agree, it was hot in there.

• RMweb Premium

Open again today, if you attend don't forget to wish me happy birthday, 65 years old today (I prefer Celsius, its only 18). You will find me between the club sales stand and the shunting puzzle.

Archived