Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Black Cat Baseboards (ceased trading)

DJM Dave

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but as my replacement longer legs are long overdue I thought I'd mail Black Cat as to a proposed ETA for them, via their website.

The home page says they are no longer trading but thanks for customers business.

So be advised if you have any on order or even need replacement legs like I do. :-(

Cheers

Dave

Longer legs means longer stockings ... and they are more expensive ;)

Shame about BlackCat though as Colin made a fantastic job of the boards for Gough's Yard.

I'm not sure the above is completely correct.

I know Colin was intending to retire towards the end of this year. Last time I spoke to him, he wasn't taking any new orders but any already in the pipeline would be fulfilled...

I live in hope, but aren't holding my breath or makinga big issue out if it.

Times are tough, and its justan advisory for others as I am, legs aside, pleased with my baseboards

I got wind of this at Alexandra Palace earlier this year and got an order in quick. The Baseboards (16'x2') arrived a few weeks ago complete with integral back-scene, legs and designed to fit in the back of a Ford Fiesta. I'm really pleased with them, well done Colin.

post-11105-0-35116300-1373398449_thumb.jpg

Just have to build the layout now.

Lol just noticed from your pics that not only didn't I get the right length legs, I asked for cam and dowels and didn't get them either.lol

And I ordered at Ally Pally lol, typical

Buying baseboards is cheating!

What's wrong with some timber, a jigsaw and a few drills!!

PS and a rather large quantity of PVA wood glue.

You forgot the blood and swearing....

• RMweb Gold

As a suggestion for another supplier try mikegreen183@btinternet.com  He does some lovely gauge one stock boxes and has branched out into modular baseboards - saw some and picked up a flyer at Bakewell show this year - the examples were very nicely made. No other connection other than gauge one stock box fancier !!

Robert   

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that my good friend of many years standing, Colin Stark, has decided to "retire". Old age is catching up with him and his good lady wife. He is, if not already done, clearing his order book. In the future he will only undertake orders from very close friends as he will be working, if at all, from home. If you now see him at an exhibition in the future, it will be at the rear of "Hospital Gates" or any other layout by a member of the East Riding Fine Scale Group.

I will go on record here and thank Colin for the baseboards he has supplied me over the years.

I can confirm that my good friend of many years standing, Colin Stark, has decided to "retire". Old age is catching up with him and his good lady wife. He is, if not already done, clearing his order book. In the future he will only undertake orders from very close friends as he will be working, if at all, from home. If you now see him at an exhibition in the future, it will be at the rear of "Hospital Gates" or any other layout by a member of the East Riding Fine Scale Group.

I will go on record here and thank Colin for the baseboards he has supplied me over the years.

I would go on here and say thank you for the baseboards too, but where are my Bl**dy longer legs I ordered, and my pattern makers dowels that I asked to be fitted to my 2 that I paid you for at Ally Pally?

I'd also ask why I haven't even had the courtesy of a phone call or e-mail (despite having both of these of mine).

so many questions, shame they are having to be asked.

I would go on here and say thank you for the baseboards too, but where are my Bl**dy longer legs I ordered, and my pattern makers dowels that I asked to be fitted to my 2 that I paid you for at Ally Pally?

I'd also ask why I haven't even had the courtesy of a phone call or e-mail (despite having both of these of mine).

so many questions, shame they are having to be asked.

My own understanding of this situation is maybe that you two are talking at cross purposes or rather not talking. Colin told me last Thursday night that he had both e-mailed and tried to ring you Dave with no success. He is now on holiday so don't attempt to contact him as soon as you finish reading this but do keep trying. Colin values his reputation and has never wanted a dissatisfied customer. That's all I can do to help here. 

Archived