Very well done Will on all of your achievements. It looked like it was a great show! Hopefully, next year, I may be able to persuade my Dad to allow me to go to Warley. 
I can only dream of matching your skills, as clearly shown in the pictures your skills are very advanced! But that won't stop me from trying... ;)

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks Matt, it was a great show, I was knackered after it though. You'll after make it up at some point, hopefully by then I'll have past my driving test and be able to terrorise the roads. You have to remember, this was my first layout and many things went wrong, so don't worry of you b******s something up, I've mad too many mistakes to think of

• Like 2

Thanks Matt, it was a great show, I was knackered after it though. You'll after make it up at some point, hopefully by then I'll have past my driving test and be able to terrorise the roads. You have to remember, this was my first layout and many things went wrong, so don't worry of you b******s something up, I've mad too many mistakes to think of

Thing is, I've already built my first, so this one's my second.

Morning Will,

I'm truly delighted that Warley appears to have been such a success - praise such as you've had from some very accomplished modellers, such as Barry O who mentioned you in his show report elsewhere, is praise indeed! I am most impressed and look forward to your next project. My vote is obviously for the LMS(Scottish Region) as the son of an ex G&SWR engine driver who lived next to Hurlford (67B) shed as a youngster in the fifties!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Will,

Was good to catch you at Warley as get to see the layout in real life. You'd done quite a bit in the week leading up to the show, and it was very much worthwhile. I only got two shots that are worth catching, an overview and a close up... maybe a bit of repetition of some above, but I hope you don't mind me adding them in...

post-13426-0-43982300-1416917304_thumb.jpg

post-13426-0-10037600-1416917313_thumb.jpg

I particularly liked that cameo around the crane, though maybe you need to put something on the lorry that is being winched up for the guy on the left to be pointing at. It certainly looks like a captured moment of either risk or laughter (I can't quite make out the expressions on the faces to be sure which) :)

Glad to see you've got some more invites... including the challenge to extend for another appearance at Warley!

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Sorry didn't get much chance to visit properly over the weekend (having my own layout there prevents having as much time to wander at leisure). Layout looking good though and glad that you had a good time. It is quite common to have a few problems at your first show, but at least you can get them sorted for next time. I did notice Craig taking photos at one point when I walked passed!

• Like 4

Just been watching a few Warley videos on YouTube, which your layout features in! Just be reading these post and seeing the pictures seems you really had a great time and people loved seeing 'A Small Yard' in the flesh! I must see it one day myself, plus I must get to Warley one year!  :jester: See you got a few more plan exhibitions lined up, so if any are in the South West I will see what I can do.  :declare:  

• Like 2

Morning Will,

I'm truly delighted that Warley appears to have been such a success - praise such as you've had from some very accomplished modellers, such as Barry O who mentioned you in his show report elsewhere, is praise indeed! I am most impressed and look forward to your next project. My vote is obviously for the LMS(Scottish Region) as the son of an ex G&SWR engine driver who lived next to Hurlford (67B) shed as a youngster in the fifties!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Thanks Jock

It was surprisingly successful, my next project may start next year, but there's still things to add to this layout and a possible extension in the future... It will probably be joint ER and MR region as I don't have enough locos to do either on there own. Could you give me a link to Barry O's show report as I'd be interested in having a look as I spoke to him a fair few times! :D 

Hi Will,

Was good to catch you at Warley as get to see the layout in real life. You'd done quite a bit in the week leading up to the show, and it was very much worthwhile. I only got two shots that are worth catching, an overview and a close up... maybe a bit of repetition of some above, but I hope you don't mind me adding them in...

attachicon.gifIMG_3367.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3369.JPG

I particularly liked that cameo around the crane, though maybe you need to put something on the lorry that is being winched up for the guy on the left to be pointing at. It certainly looks like a captured moment of either risk or laughter (I can't quite make out the expressions on the faces to be sure which) :)

Glad to see you've got some more invites... including the challenge to extend for another appearance at Warley!

Kind regards, Neil

Thanks Neil

It was good to meet you too, even if I didn't recognise the name at first! :D Please add all the photos you want as well. As for the cameo, it isn't quite finished, but I have found a figure for the crane. There was a pallet on the lorry you saw, but that somehow ended up underneath the Land Rover which we found when the photographer stopped by.

Sorry didn't get much chance to visit properly over the weekend (having my own layout there prevents having as much time to wander at leisure). Layout looking good though and glad that you had a good time. It is quite common to have a few problems at your first show, but at least you can get them sorted for next time. I did notice Craig taking photos at one point when I walked passed!

No problem Richard, I only managed a quick few looks at Orchard Road as well unfortunately. I assume you saw Craig when I was having my lurch as I only arrived to help with the last few, including use as a light blocker with a bit of paper!

On an unrelated note, I'm glad I'm not in any of the above photos, but Connor (DCCmad) is in quite a few  :no:

Just been watching a few Warley videos on YouTube, which your layout features in! Just be reading these post and seeing the pictures seems you really had a great time and people loved seeing 'A Small Yard' in the flesh! I must see it one day myself, plus I must get to Warley one year!  :jester: See you got a few more plan exhibitions lined up, so if any are in the South West I will see what I can do.  :declare:  

I've only seen Dan's so far with mine in, I'll be uploading my small amount of footage hopefully soon. I did have a great time, even though it was tiring. How far away is Axminster as you're welcome to come along to help if you can?

Hi Will,

It is a real pleasure to see how well your layout did at Warley and a great credit to your skills to achieve all that in the limited time available.

When is the Axminster Show, it is not a vast way from here and I would like to see the layout in 3D.

I've only seen Dan's so far with mine in, I'll be uploading my small amount of footage hopefully soon. I did have a great time, even though it was tiring. How far away is Axminster as you're welcome to come along to help if you can?

All the best.

• Like 1

Not to far! About an Hour and half! Will have to see what weekend it is and will pop along if I can! :locomotive: Compton Quay is hopefully going to the Gartell Light Railway Model Railway Exhibition in Feb, Templecombe, if you can get there. Plus just seen you comment on YouTube over the 2600 Class and yep, started one last night :jester: Hope it's ok to leave the link hear if your interested.http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/93081-gwr-2600-class-kit-bash-in-00-gauge/

• Like 2

Axminster is the 5th of November I think and I'll look up the show Callum and see what I can do

Sounds good! Galas are over by them, so should be free :sungum: Would be super if you could make it to the Gartell, your more than welcome to help out  :locomotive:

Hi Will, Glad you had a good show and yes teething problems at the first show is nothing new, I've seen layouts that have been around for years having problems mate, so don't worry about it.

Just learn from any items and as a Boy Scout, Be Prepared.

All the best.

• Like 3

G'day Will,

Shows over and more invites to other exhibitions. How good is that ! :imsohappy: One thing exhibitions bring to attention are all those little things that are unforeseen. I too had some hiccups when I exhibited Linden Ford recently. The benefit I got out of it was to learn what can go wrong and be ready for it !

Glad to hear that you had a great time and the news of appearing in Railway Modeller is a bonus. ;)

Cheers, Gary.

You clearly had a great day, and the pictures show it looked good on the day, and as people say.....only 16 years old!!!!! 

I think once anyone starts building up an idea, things never fit in exactly the space you intended ...so adjustments occur......and you then think i didn't plan properly. I don't think I have seen anyone say.....

"I planned it....it all fitted...right first time.....bing bang bosh.".....

Ideas evolve, new data appears, which you might wish to incorporate......evolution is a fact of life....... :angel:  Plus seeing it in the flesh, in full 3D.....you often think it would photograph a lot better if i just moved that a little left.......

Plus if we could all build them ....at the speed of light.....where would we keep them all!!!!!!!!

Hi Will, Glad you had a good show and yes teething problems at the first show is nothing new, I've seen layouts that have been around for years having problems mate, so don't worry about it.

Just learn from any items and as a Boy Scout, Be Prepared.

All the best.

Thanks Andy

I tihnk I practically took everything, including glue, scenics, lots of locos etc. The only thing I could have taken was a DC controller and loco in case my DCC controller packed up.

Shame. How long does it take to Axminster? 

About 1 and a half hoursI 

G'day Will,

Shows over and more invites to other exhibitions. How good is that ! :imsohappy: One thing exhibitions bring to attention are all those little things that are unforeseen. I too had some hiccups when I exhibited Linden Ford recently. The benefit I got out of it was to learn what can go wrong and be ready for it !

Glad to hear that you had a great time and the news of appearing in Railway Modeller is a bonus. ;)

Cheers, Gary.

Thanks Gary and yes it is pretty good! :D Looking forward to hopefully see the layout in print

You clearly had a great day, and the pictures show it looked good on the day, and as people say.....only 16 years old!!!!! 

I think once anyone starts building up an idea, things never fit in exactly the space you intended ...so adjustments occur......and you then think i didn't plan properly. I don't think I have seen anyone say.....

"I planned it....it all fitted...right first time.....bing bang bosh.".....

Ideas evolve, new data appears, which you might wish to incorporate......evolution is a fact of life....... :angel:  Plus seeing it in the flesh, in full 3D.....you often think it would photograph a lot better if i just moved that a little left.......

Plus if we could all build them ....at the speed of light.....where would we keep them all!!!!!!!!

That I did, many people made comments on my age and how good the layout was; it was started when I was only 14! Bit late for moving stuff for photograph now though!

• Like 2

Just to clear up a minor point, the exhibition Will has mentioned isn't in Axminster, it's the Thorncombe show next year  -  Saturday November 7th.

Apologies for any confusion, which is entirely my fault.  When I spoke to Will about it I told him it was "near Axminster", which it is  -  it's just a little way to the northeast.  I thought there was much more chance of him knowing where Axminster is than being able to point to Thorncombe on a map!  Those of you who have been will know what I mean  .  .  .  .

Anyway, to find out more about it, do a search on here for Thorncombe or google "traclubsite" (without the quotation marks) to go to the TRAC website.

Will  -  I haven't forgotten you, I'll send you a pm in the next couple of days.

Just to clear up a minor point, the exhibition Will has mentioned isn't in Axminster, it's the Thorncombe show next year  -  Saturday November 7th.

Apologies for any confusion, which is entirely my fault.  When I spoke to Will about it I told him it was "near Axminster", which it is  -  it's just a little way to the northeast.  I thought there was much more chance of him knowing where Axminster is than being able to point to Thorncombe on a map!  Those of you who have been will know what I mean  .  .  .  .

Anyway, to find out more about it, do a search on here for Thorncombe or google "traclubsite" (without the quotation marks) to go to the TRAC website.

Will  -  I haven't forgotten you, I'll send you a pm in the next couple of days.

Balls.....  :no:

Sorry about that Graham and thanks for clearing that up, still didn't really know where Axminster was though!  :jester: