RMweb

Greetings from Ivatt46403

Ivatt46403

Hi all!

Just thought I'd say a quick hello. My interest in railway modeling was reignited with a visit to a show in the new forest a couple of years ago, since then I've started work on a model of Buckden (where I grew up) on the Kettering and Huntingdon branch in Midland/LMS territory (which if interested you can follow on my blog:

I currently live in Bristol right next to the railway so my modeling exploits sometimes get distracted by modern image stuff too, so I think when Buckden is complete it's going to get some strange visitors...

• RMweb Gold

Hello Ivatt and welcome,

Which part of the railway in Bristol?

I live in Manchester but every year I go to Bristol to work at Filton airfield for a week or so.

I usually get the train to Bristol Parkway and walk to the hotel and then onto site.

Last year I decided to get a ticket to “Filton”, (after much confusion at the ticket office in Manchester), but decided to get off at Parkway anyway only for the barriers not to allow me out. I showed the ticket to the collector and he looked at it and said loudly (now imagine a heavy west coun'ry arkscent 'ear) “I can sees hows thats append” and let me through!

I had got a ticket to “Abbey Wood” in East London and not “Filton Abbey Wood”!

Anyway, there's plenty of trains around Parkway!

Enjoy your stay,

Kev.

Archived