Air brush Compressor?

Hi everyone,

I'm stuck here again! I keep buying this type http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Badger-Model-Tool-Badger-Air-Compressor-for-Spray-Gun-BA1000-FAST-SHIPPING-/130952816387?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item1e7d656703

of compressor of ebay but they aren't lasting long! I've gone through 5 or 6 in the last couple of years now and its a case of some last a while and others last a matter of weeks! The latest one i have here is about 6 weeks old and is again just rattling away for 20 minutes till i can get the correct pressure to spray with then after about 30 seconds of spraying i have to wait for ages again before it builds up in which time its geting very hot and each time i wait its just geting less and less pressure through it too.

Please please help as i have a lot to spray on a daily basis and this re accuring problem is holding me up badly + keep spending 80 / 90 quid is not helping!

Best Regards,

Richard

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone,

I'm stuck here again! I keep buying this type http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Badger-Model-Tool-Badger-Air-Compressor-for-Spray-Gun-BA1000-FAST-SHIPPING-/130952816387?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item1e7d656703

of compressor of ebay but they aren't lasting long! I've gone through 5 or 6 in the last couple of years now and its a case of some last a while and others last a matter of weeks! The latest one i have here is about 6 weeks old and is again just rattling away for 20 minutes till i can get the correct pressure to spray with then after about 30 seconds of spraying i have to wait for ages again before it builds up in which time its geting very hot and each time i wait its just geting less and less pressure through it too.

Please please help as i have a lot to spray on a daily basis and this re accuring problem is holding me up badly + keep spending 80 / 90 quid is not helping!

Best Regards,

Richard

Hi

I bought one of these 18 months ago and haven't had any issues with it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AS-186-Complete-Airbrush-Kit-Compressor-With-Tank-/200600974912?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item2eb4bff640

I didn't buy it from eBay though and I don't think much to the supplied Airbrushes but the compressor is perfect for my needs.

Cheers

Paul

Hi

I bought one of these 18 months ago and haven't had any issues with it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AS-186-Complete-Airbrush-Kit-Compressor-With-Tank-/200600974912?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item2eb4bff640

I didn't buy it from eBay though and I don't think much to the supplied Airbrushes but the compressor is perfect for my needs.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

Cheers for that fela, the 1st ones i used were great think they lasted quite a while or the 1st one with tank atleast did, it seems the named makes or the recent ones i bought just get worn out quickly or do the shaking thing and don't like building up air pressure after a few weeks / months use!

I don't constanly use it morning till night but some times i'm spraying for say half an hour so wheither thats wearing them out or not?

I'm a bit worried about keep buying these air tank underneath jobbys now incase the same happens again? But i'll go with the one you linked unless anyone knows any which are very reliable and don't do the above mentioned if using it often?

Cheers again

Rich

Rich, it might be worth looking for a second hand JunAir compressor.  They are ultra reliable and whisper quiet.  I bought mine from a Dental Laboratory via eBay.  It was immaculate and has proven itself to be a great investment.  They range from £100-£200 and well worth it.

I have a 240v version of this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jun-air-quiet-air-compressor-110V-/251309521414?pt=UK_Air_Tools_and_Compressors&hash=item3a8336fa06

Rich, it might be worth looking for a second hand JunAir compressor.  They are ultra reliable and whisper quiet.  I bought mine from a Dental Laboratory via eBay.  It was immaculate and has proven itself to be a great investment.  They range from £100-£200 and well worth it.

I have a 240v version of this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jun-air-quiet-air-compressor-110V-/251309521414?pt=UK_Air_Tools_and_Compressors&hash=item3a8336fa06

Hi Gordon,

Cheers buddy i'll keep an eye on those then, was thinking of geting a bigger / more expensive one as thou its paying more money but atleast it stops me forking out every few months for the tank versions i've been buying.

Thanks

Rich

Get an Iwata from airbrushes.com   the amount you've spent on cheaper ones you might as well buy a £250 jobbie and have done with it. 

If it's any use I've got a small unused Iwata for sale on classifieds.

Alex

Bought a Iwata Smart Jet compressor from Airbrushes.com a couple of years back. Not the cheapest but it has been faultless.

No connect other that a satisfied customer

Dan

Get an Iwata from airbrushes.com   the amount you've spent on cheaper ones you might as well buy a £250 jobbie and have done with it. 

If it's any use I've got a small unused Iwata for sale on classifieds.

Alex

It sounds to me like you are using totally the wrong sort of compressor. You need something with a tank and a higher out put.

When I was in the UK I bought from B&Q a compresser with a tank and a brad gun (ideal for layout construction), all for less than £80.00. It was Ideal for model work and would also take something bigger than an airbrush.

With the type you are using and I use now in Brazil, they recomend not running for more than 5 minutes without letting it cool down. The one I have here is fine, it has painted about 6 locos in the last two years.

Hi Gordon,

Cheers buddy i'll keep an eye on those then, was thinking of geting a bigger / more expensive one as thou its paying more money but atleast it stops me forking out every few months for the tank versions i've been buying.

Thanks

Rich

JunAir do a whole range of compressors with various capacities.  It was the brand as a whole I was complimenting, so well worth watching out on eBay for one of the larger models.  The one I have is perfectly adequate for track, locos and scenic work.

Iwata for me, recently upgraded to a better model I wouldn't consider buying anything else. Started off with the budget ones that you keep using a good few Years ago, and they are cheap for a reason. They are manufactured down to a price, not up to a decent quality level. Buy an Iwata, the initial investment is forgotten about , build quality and reliability is appreciated every time I switch it on.

Oh, dear... I'm already a member of "wetcanvass".......

But you're right, Gordon, for things like Airbrushes and Compressors you've got to get away from Model Supplies and Fora to get some interesting ideas.

Best, Pete.

Archived