Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Annoying Advert pages

• RMweb Gold

Is anyone seeing this ?

On both the home computers I use for browsing the internet, including RMweb, I have been getting additional web-pages being opened, containing adverts - the last one for Apple. Often these will be hidden by the main browser, but the last one completely replaced the content part of RMweb, leaving just the heading area.

It's getting quite annoying.

Is it a general issue, or just me ?

Stu

Is anyone seeing this ?

On both the home computers I use for browsing the internet, including RMweb, I have been getting additional web-pages being opened, containing adverts - the last one for Apple. Often these will be hidden by the main browser, but the last one completely replaced the content part of RMweb, leaving just the heading area.

It's getting quite annoying.

Is it a general issue, or just me ?

Stu

I haven't had this, but I doubt it's just you...

I've not had any similar reports and it's certainly nothing instigated from within the business.

I'd recommend downloading, installing and running Lavasoft's Ad aware and Malwarebytes as it looks like you have some adware, possibly linked with a login you are using on both systems e.g. Google.

• RMweb Premium

What browser are you using?

If Firefox, get NoScript installed and set up, as that can help prevent unwanted changes to pages and block scripts from running that open 'pop-unders' and the like.

(NoScript is not available for any other browser, as far as I'm aware).

• RMweb Gold

I generally use IE9 ( the software at work that we sell uses this and as a tester it's what I'm best used to). I also noticed an ad appear outside of RMweb, so sorry for the possibly inferred accusation...

Archived