RMweb

7mm Blue Pullman by Loveless

ozzyo

Somewhere north of £5000 perhaps

Start saving up. If the Deltic is £2,000 with out sound. You have two locos (power cars) in this set, will he do it correctly and have one power bogie on the power car and the first bogie on the first car powered. Talking about bogies was it three types or four, heavy weight powered, heavy weight non powered, trailing heavy weight (kitchen cars one end) and trailing light weight (kitchen cars one end non-powered) and the first class cars.

To do both the M.R. and the W.R. sets is a big step as IIRC only one car is the same in both sets (the first open). The kitchen cars may have had the same sides but with a motor bogie on the M.R. ones. 

Will it have through wiring for the lights and traction at both ends? All of this will add to the cost. 

So £5,000 maybe the starting price for the M.R. sets, With the W.R. sets starting at £6500. Would this include DCC?

One thing that I do like the sound of is individual traction motors.

OzzyO.

EDIT; it was five types of bogies

Very interesting, seems a fair bit of duplication in the steam department. After loveless with the 9f it has already been announced by Golden Age Models and Lee Marsh

Now castles / Kings as well by golden age, Masterpiece and Loveless.

Is there a market for such duplication of high price items?

I don't mind spending that sort of money, I do but on hand built kits to my exact specification, I mean even to the point of where an over flow pipe from a Mec lubricator goes, I don't think you would get that from a mass produced model.

Very interesting, seems a fair bit of duplication in the steam department. After loveless with the 9f it has already been announced by Golden Age Models and Lee Marsh

Now castles / Kings as well by golden age, Masterpiece and Loveless.

Is there a market for such duplication of high price items?

I don't know, but I'm guessing it's all being made in the same place by the same people - just being bundled up and presented differently by different folk here in Blightly.....

This demonstrates there are some very rich modellers around. Given that his locos are in the 2k-3k bracket, a Blue Pullman is obviously going to be substantially more. Will be a fantasic bit of kit though - his models are quality.

Just having the space for one of these would be nice - probably wouldn't fit in my garden let alone my house!

Hello Phil, all,

the lengths of the sets were,

MR. 409' 1"  or 4909"  in 7mm  9' 4 3/4", (112.75" x 25.4 = 2863.85mm)

WR. 545' 1" or 6541" in 7mm  12' 6 1/4", (150.25" x 25.4 = 3816.35mm)

OzzyO.

• 7 months later...

Hi

There are 30 different builders in South Korea. LH Loveless uses FM Models, Golden Age uses FC Models, Masterpeice Models use Sun Jin Models and Dream Art Models, Lee Marsh Model Co use HK Train. Hope this clears up the idea that it is all one company!  ;)

Lee

The November 2013 Guild Magazine priced these on the Loveless advert at £8,450.00 for the 6 car set and £9,950.00 for the 8 car set. It includes two Loksound decoders, lighting and sprung axles. They called for deposits in January, and stage payments in March, June and final balance on delivery in September 2014.

We still await the long promised JLRT version, I have, in the meantime bought a 6 car Westdale set, a bird in the hand and all that. - It's not ideal but should cost less for the completed rake than one Loveless coach .

I think the jltrt version is still on the cards and would be a cheaper way of doing it as you could build the set up a coach at a time.

The last time I looked at their web site there was suggestion they would only be supplied to order?

Are the Westdale versions still available then?

Paul

Archived