Parys Road

matt-b

I had someone else build the layout for me, i just enjoy adding the detailing bits.

The sky was already painted, it looks like its painted blue then a white sponge dabbed to make clouds.

Here is some pictures with my stock added.

P1000289_zps7befc5ad.jpg

P1000291_zps020ed66a.jpg

Matt 

Edited by matt-b
  • Like 10

oooops, sorry, should have said. Its N gauge.

The layout is 5ft long and 9" wide. 

Am thinking of buying more stock as i have a good sized fiddle yard.

Maybe some network rail coaches i can top and tail or a RHTT train.

Matt

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Love It, Love It, Love it,  That's how my Deesdale Road started but a lot smaller than this wonderful layout. The sky is brilliant, effective and NOT distracting away from the Layout in front.

More pics please. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Andy :sungum:

• Like 1

Departmental stock is probably the easiest to justify as you don't need a reason/ unloading site for running it or you add an imaginery off board freight industry you could model whatever interests you as you could suggest that the freight terminal can only be accessed after the loco runs round in the station sidings. Your run round looks long enough to fit a decent length freight with ease. A charter would add another dimension as well. On everyday workings a class 158 could be justified (although not up to modern standards) and the future release of a 142 would fit in nicely with your current north western based stock 

Does anyone have any good ideas on what other trains would fit and look good running on my layout?

Matt

Hi Matt,

I would say a test train, something like a Network Rail 31 plus a few coaches and a DBSO, perhaps a charter with steam on the front and diesel on the back?  A ballast working, again top and tailed or even a breakdown train that needs to use the run round loop? 

Graham.

Hi Matt,

Layout looks great, I only worked it out to be N before I read further down from the Dapol 156's as I would like a plain one in OO myself. I noticed you asked about autoballasters and a set of 5 would look great. You would want a generator fitted one and you can mix the round and flat as you like. Another nice option could be a flask working just running in to run down your branch to.

Hope to see more of this

Thanks

Mark

I like the look of this layout a lot. It's not too dis-similar from a plan I have at the minute for a layout to try out my track-building on. Only main difference being I'd just have 2 through lines (with fiddles yards at both ends) and a branch off to a platform for multiple units.

Would love to see more pictures of this for sure. Keep it up.

Tom