Parys Road

matt-b

Hello

I am pretty sure its code 80 track, not 100% sure though to be honest has i didn't build it.

I`m pretty sure i couldnt box it up for posting, well i probably could actually, but in what condition it would reach you in is anyones guess.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I've just caught up with this.

Excellent layout... simple and effective.

It has a real "modern" feel to it. A well thought out idea to justify the freight movements and also nice to see the Northern Rail units on your local passenger trains.

Edited by 60091

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

Very overdue first post here, I'm the new owner of Parys Road and after many weeks of doing nothing with it I finally took it out from under it's cover in the garage to have a play with it.

Here a few pics as it currently is. Little has changed since acquiring from Matt. Sorry the picture quality isn't that brilliant!

IMAG0962_zpsebc0e365.jpg

Chaos on the overbridge! Sat-navs and HGV's don't always mix...

IMAG0963_zpsbef9494f.jpg

My latest treat, this scratch built Structure gauging set acquired from ebay. Already a bit out of date now that ex DBSO's are being used. Still it looks the part.

IMAG0966_zps5327d23a.jpg

Some workers have arrived but little is available to do!

IMAG0968_zps2015c8f8.jpg

I on the other hand have lots to do, a few tags of graffiti are a possibility as well as adding signs to the station.

Any ideas and comments are most welcome! I shall post more pictures in time.

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

Time for another very overdue update on Parys Road.

The layout is due out at our local exhibition next Sunday (8th) so some last minute panic preparations to do!

Again sorry for the sub quality pictures.

A few things have changed since last time. Most obvious is the new backscene creating a suburban/residential feel to the terminus.

The station signs have lost the Northern look and replaced with a generic region free look so I'm not restricting myself to one area.

IMAG1070_zpsyw0vjqff.jpg

The chaos on the overbridge has turned into an argument between a HGV driver and the Fiat 500 owner. The Police have been called in before a punch up ensues...

IMAG1075_zpsjat4yvwy.jpg

Hopefully I can get some better quality pictures at the show complete with rolling stock.

The track now just needs a good clean and we're ready to rock and roll!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been away from the forum waaaay too long it seems!

Sadly been preoccupied with motor racing the past few months, sadly no major changes recently, I've a few things to look at for the winter months including a larger fiddle yard to store more stock.

Hopefully with long enough roads to incorporate my recently finished Chiltern MK3's and NMT. (Which currently requires some power cars...)

It maybe a bit of a squeeze getting them in the station though...

• 1 year later...

The most recent development is a change of owner.

I was lucky enough to bid successfully for the layout on a well known auction website back in the summer.  Once the layout gets over to the clubroom I'm hoping to enlist some help from the electrical gurus in order to put in more feeds and sections along with servos for the points and a full control panel.  I aim to get this done in time for our open day next July.

On the rolling stock front I'm building some Network Rail bits to put alongside the workers and van as shown in post #55.  I'm also building an RHTT, from a 3d printed kit, and have found some articulated tanker lorries which I'm going to say contain water to top-up the RHTT tanks.  I might try to make a Sandite MPV if I get brave one day.

I'll try to post some photos but don't hold your breath.

Nigel

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The most recent development is a change of owner.

I was lucky enough to bid successfully for the layout on a well known auction website back in the summer.  Once the layout gets over to the clubroom I'm hoping to enlist some help from the electrical gurus in order to put in more feeds and sections along with servos for the points and a full control panel.  I aim to get this done in time for our open day next July.

On the rolling stock front I'm building some Network Rail bits to put alongside the workers and van as shown in post #55.  I'm also building an RHTT, from a 3d printed kit, and have found some articulated tanker lorries which I'm going to say contain water to top-up the RHTT tanks.  I might try to make a Sandite MPV if I get brave one day.

I'll try to post some photos but don't hold your breath.

Nigel

Good to hear plans are on the way Nigel, looking forward to seeing the developments! The Network rail plans sound very good. Keep us posted!

• 8 months later...

That looks great. Where did you get the back scene from?

They were, (in my ownership) just a couple of Gaugemaster stick on backscenes. 1x Houses and 2x Clouds if I remember correctly. They fitted almost to perfection!

Hopefully Nigel can update us with any progress since his acquisition