RMweb

Parys Road

matt-b

Hello

Thanks for the input :)

I am looking at getting 2 DRS 37`s and a couple of Network Rail coaches.

The auto ballaster idea is on hold at the moment but we`ll see, i seem to change my mind from day to day.

Matt

Sounds good to me Matt :senile:

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered a rake of weathered PCA wagons. I can fit 11 maybe 12 at a push in the loop. Looking at pictures this would be a rather short rake. Its tricky to run really length freight trains now with most of them having long wagons and lots of them!

Matt

• 2 months later...

Hello

A few updates on the layout.

EWS class 66 and 67 have come back from weathering and ready for action.

On the downside, my 156 smoked then stopped, so that`s out of action and will maybe need replacing.

Decided on a layout name, going for Parys Road.

Matt

P1000394_zpsba99d4ee.jpg

P1000395_zps76986444.jpg

P1000397_zps5b102e3a.jpg

P1000396_zpse5e326a2.jpg

Edited by matt-b
  • Like 8

Does anyone know when the DRS 37`s are ment to be released?

Here is my 66 leaving on a rake of ferry waggons, is this type still in daily use, they seem a pretty old style.

Matt

P1000330_zps137814af.jpg

Pretty sure I've seen some recently in Didcot.

Great looking layout btw.

• Like 4

A good looking layout. The station does have the feel of a seaside resort which has seen better days with it's long platforms.

The station needs a canopy to about halfway down the platform to keep waiting passengers dry and sheltered from the sea winds. Also, the two sidings could also be used as carriage sidings which were common at Seaside places in the past but they would still be in use occasionally these days but with weeds like yours as such long trains (e.g. day excursions) are still common as regular charter trains, especially in the summer months with trains full of both tourists & railway enthusiasts at weekends.

Also, your platform looks long enough for a HST on a through train from one of the London terminals which should look good. About your layout name, I would go for calling the station the same name of the town it serves, not what sounds like a name of a road unless the town has two separate stations.

Sam

Edited by sammyboy

Agree with the above,

It has a nice feel of neglect, if you try and make the sidings into an unloading area, I think it will be unrealistic.

There's not much scope for that sort of thing in modern times and it's hard to portray. Maybe an area with old sleepers and a couple of OCAs or such like offloading old engineering junk like that ? That's the only way I would think it would be viable

Would be nice to see blue/ grey diesels running round.....

The VTG vans were introduced back in the early 80s and are still in use. The VTG lettering was painted out on these vehicles back in the mid-90s. These models are to continental N gauge and are a bit small for British outline stock. 

The Dapol Ferrywaggons were introduced at the same time and are longer than the VTG types (known as F2s). The newer VTG types (F3s) were introduced about '83 and were longer than the F2s. 

The liveries for the Dapol ferrywaggons:

black lettering on a white background as new (as new from 1981);

blue lettering on a yellow background - 1983;

the blue livery is suitable for your period.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
A rare visit from Wrexham & Shropshire 67, DVT and rake of mk 3 coaches.

Looking at it i think this train is slightly to long and makes things look out of proportion so think i`m going to have to move it on, anyone interested?

P1000440_zps32259336.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello

Haven't done much to or on the layout lately and due to the fact that i am now trying to raise funds for a mortgage i`m looking to thin out my collection.

The layout itself is open to offers so if your serious then let me know.

It will need to be collected from Ludlow (Shropshire) and comes with a fitted light and Gaugemaster controller.. its set up for DC.

It can always be sold with rolling stock, this is -

• 1 x 156 Northern Rail (weathered)
  • 1 x 156 Northern Rail with graphics (weathered)
  • 1 x 153 Nortern Rail (weathered)
  • 1 x 66 EWS (weathered)
  • 1 x 67 EWS dummy (weathered)
  • 4 x VGA wagons (weathered)

Let me know your thoughts....

Matt

Edited by matt-b

Hi, Its a lovely layout and I hope you find a good home for it. I have both this and your truncated through station as shortcuts on my favourites board so will miss the updates but I can understand the reasoning behind your decision. I hope you get a good price for it.

Edited by definate maybe

Hello

Thank you... i will miss it but needs must,

Keep a eye out on eBay for afew models i`ll be listing soon -

• Mercig 47 in Scotrail/Network Southeast.
  • 150 Regional Railways (weathered)
  • 156 Regional Railways dummy (weathered)
  • 3 x silver bullets (weathered)

Fingers crossed.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just had a look at this thread following your advert for the layout in classifieds. I saw the stock on eBay.

Is the track Peco code 55?

Wish it was closer to Yorkshire, as it's the kind of layout I'd quite fancy. Never seem to get the time to build something myself and have a layout plan pencilled for something not dissimilar either.

Edited by richierich