Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

You all up for a bit of a laugh.........?       :no:                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Alex Salmond's colleagues decided it would be a worthy gesture to name a railway locomotive after him. So an official went to the National Railway Museum at York , to investigate the possibilities.
"There are a number of locomotives at the NRM without names" a consultant told the official, “but they are mostly freight locomotives."

"Oh dear, a freight locomotive is not very fitting for a party leader," said Sir Humphrey. "How about that big green one, over there?" he said, pointing to the 'Flying Scotsman'.
"That one has already got a name" said the consultant. "It's called 'Flying Scotsman'."

“Couldn't we rename it?" asked the official.
"I suppose for Alex Salmond it might be considered," said the consultant.

"That's excellent", said the official, "So that's settled then...let's look at re-naming the 'Flying Scotsman'. How much will it cost? Remember we can't spend too much, given the expenses scandal!"

"Well", said the consultant, "Why don't we just paint out the 'F'."..... :scratchhead:

:O  :O  :O
Edited by David Todd

Last Naff video, for a bit, but will get the full round the layout video done today,

before I take out both platforms, to the work bench, for upgrading............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly0H-dHOfzQ

Click,this pic, to shew it upright....

8856153335_e5b42d580e_o.jpgP1050158(1) by David Todd 2012, on Flickr

8856787610_060b0b8006_o.jpgP1050119(1) by David Todd 2012, on Flickr

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 2

This is only a mock up of proof's,as there are, variation's in height's, which I will shew later...........

Click picture, to enlarge it...........

post-13585-0-80321600-1401912463_thumb.jpg

This will go further down to the white line,on the b/scene.

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 5

This is only a mock up of proof's,as there are, variation's in height's, which I will shew later...........

Click picture, to enlarge it...........

attachicon.gifP1120329(1).JPG

This will go further down to the white line,on the b/scene.

I think the pedestrian light should be taken off the b/scene.

I'm not quite so sure about the traffic light .....   but it does glare at the viewer

As the eye might expect to see a colour, can it be toned down a bit, so it doesn't glare at the viewer quite so brightly.

• RMweb Gold

Hi David, just a suggestion increase the length of the road on the print, so that you can make a tongue that runs onto the bridge roadway, about an inch it will take the eye away from the transition from backscene to bridge and be easier to blend in. all the best Adrian

• Like 1

I'm not quite so sure about the traffic light .....   but it does glare at the viewer

As the eye might expect to see a colour, can it be toned down a bit, so it doesn't glare at the viewer quite so brightly.

You have had too much sun,...J.    Suggest you re-deploy with...........RAF. BOWSER COMMAND,  :pilot:  and cool off a bit..........

Thanks for the advice on how to deal with excess sun    ...........

Suggest you re-deploy with...........RAF. BOWSER COMMAND,

...............     it would indeed be relaxing and fun to be back with the RAF Police dogs   ...............   even though they operated at night hours and visits were best notified before approaching them  .....     :O  :O   .....

Knew what the dogs would do   ...   some of their Handlers, however, might have been cause for questions about their "Sense of Humour!    ......    :nono:

Thanks for the advice on how to deal with excess sun    ...........

...............     it would indeed be relaxing and fun to be back with the RAF Police dogs   ...............   even though they operated at night hours and visits were best notified before approaching them  .....     :O  :O   .....

Knew what the dogs would do   ...   some of their Handlers, however, might have been cause for questions about their "Sense of Humour!    ......    :nono:

Prune, Pilot Officer: ............Friend of your's...?

Edited by David Todd

Mornik...............

After taking a series of pic's @ DP yesterday late afternoon,it confirmed that I had not "missed" anything,for the b/scene on the model..........

I have lined up the b/scenes,this morning, better,  slightly,   than what you see in the pic. below.......

post-13585-0-95865600-1402034069_thumb.jpg

To take the pic's, I was on platform 2/3 @ the south end, looking at the scene as a pax. would see it.

A panoramic stich up, from 8 pic's.

post-13585-0-46351400-1402036621_thumb.jpg

Later today,I will shew you pic's on the model, from a "00" punters view.............

just a glimpse, for now...............

post-13585-0-59584200-1402036832.jpg

• Like 3

As usual,....am not thinking..........enough,   or maybe over thinking this b/scene lark...........

Am going back up DP, today,.....to take more pic's, from further back from platform 2/3, like a good 100 yards..........

similar position from here..............

I maybe able to get down to the chainlink fence on the right center.,

it is 20ftish high than taking pics from platform 2/3.

P1000772.jpg

• Like 2