1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

There must be a big announcement due    ....    wot wiv all them Press and the Sat light wagon   ....  

Ohh  ..  oh  ..  oh  ..  maybe it is a precision Sat Naff to check the accuracy of the entrance there   .......     :sungum:  :sungum:

There must be a big announcement due    ....    wot wiv all them Press and the Sat light wagon   ....  

Ohh  ..  oh  ..  oh  ..  maybe it is a precision Sat Naff to check the accuracy of the entrance there   .......     :sungum:  :sungum:

Nope, Dover Town are due to play Crystal Place in the FA. cup 3.rd. round.

Realy like your "trees" in the back ground David!!

look so life like :paint:

Moorings,

Thanks for your posting "66".

Those are due to be removed, to "wash" the trunk's, then replaced.

They are made by Keith, who live's about 5. miles away. see here.....Realistic Modelling.

The advantage of these tree's,is they are made as "half trees",(flat back). so they sit against your backscene.

Like so.

P1010882.jpg

Keith, of RealisticModelling, will be attending the following Exhibition's.

Canterbury, January 17/18th. 2015.

also

Tonbridge, 21st. February 2015.

The other advantage is, they are not expensive !!

• Like 2

Morning, David. Trust you are well. Not too wonderful, myself, but elderly physical trifles are just to be born, I guess. You seem to keep similar hours to me - up at 5.30 and checking for posts; although to get even a little bit of modelling done my browsing is limited, sadly.

The concrete is looking good, as is the grunge beneath. It must be good modelling the contemporary scene, and having the prototype to hand. Interestingly, I've become more into (green) diesels of late. I recently put diesels on everything: 25 on down goods-loop, DMU on down-slow, a 40 on down-fast, a Deltic on up-fast, and a 37 on a lengthy-ish van-train on the up-slow. I watched them grumble around my oval for a while and felt wonderfully tranquil. I realised that the controlled explosions - complete with massive exhaust - that are steam-locos, suddenly, running silently, they were less satisfactory... Odd.

Regards, Tony.

I didn't realise, you posted after 7.00 - lazy bones! ;)

Later Edit: It occurred to me that my list might sound boastful. It's not. It's just four loops of track and beggar-all else, although there just might be a tiny piece of scenic structure in the New Year. (wishful thinking)

Thanks for posting Tony,  sorry to be late in replying.......... :mail: .seem to be oversleeping, with these dark moorings'.

The advantage of living here, down South, as opposed to living in Wallsend,Geordieland,(where I was born),

I don't have to wear thermals,365 day's a year.. :O  :no: .

Trying to model represent Dover, in model form, my rather inept skill's of not trying to be a perfectionist,sometimes shew through.

It does have to advantage of being on the doorstep,

I only took up this hobby 3. year's ago.

Good to hear that you are having a variety of loco's and stock to run,we all go through phases.

As to steam, everything has it's place.

No, I do not think you are being boastful, regard's your stock, you happen to mention what you like to run, at present.

With all the pitfall's this hobby can bring,(and I have many "pits", on my layout).

Nothing can beat, the pleasure, of something you want to run....

if your colouring it to look a little dirty, you might want to dust wheel arch.... :sungum:

It is not yet finished, nor swedished........... 2 more Monday night's to go, for Lofty (Ray).

Edited by David Todd

.... I feel a little less, isolated, being the closest person (almost),to the European Mainland.

Up here in the Sweatshop (close to Norway), we reckon the guys with the 'precision Sat Naff' are trying to work out where you are furthest from the Frenchies (post #3634 ).

Peering into Google maps we reckon it must be the north end of platform 1 both on the model in your garage and when you are out photographing reality at DP.

Meanwhile keep a watch on the mouth of Shakey tunnel...just in case the French get at you from there.....sacre bleu  :O :o

dhig

Up here in the Sweatshop (close to Norway), we reckon the guys with the 'precision Sat Naff' are trying to work out where you are furthest from the Frenchies (post #3634 ).

Peering into Google maps we reckon it must be the north end of platform 1 both on the model in your garage and when you are out photographing reality at DP.

Meanwhile keep a watch on the mouth of Shakey tunnel...just in case the French get at you from there.....sacre bleu  :O :o

dhig

Not with these  defenses, just down the road, Laddie !

Western Heights

The Grand Shaft 

Yes, indeed   ............................      

Yer that's pretty good idea, half tree with flat backs..

Im using "sea foam" trees on (banks road)...

...................     this "Weather Explosion" has not been good for many     ................     but for those that sees seas seize the opportunities  .....................    they can see the wood foam from the trees  ...    :sungum:  :sungum:

Yer that's pretty good idear,half tree with flat backs.. :sungum:

Wasn't there a (Liverpool?) band called 'half man/half biscuit?

Not really sure what all this existential stuff means .... is it a legitimate enough excuse to use the (? in a circle) 'indeciferable/Unsure of meaning' button?

[like all those thoughts you've ever had staring at the communication cord]

dhig

Not really sure what all this existential stuff means .... is it a legitimate enough excuse to use the (? in a circle) 'indeciferable/Unsure of meaning' button?

dhig

....................    Oops   ..........

David if you only been modelling for three years you have reason to be proud of what you have achieved ,to model a prototype is to be courageous as there is no room for manoeuvre its got to be right.Every post the layout progresses and its all done with humour a very necessary ingredient for our hobby(?)  glad to see upright lights and looking forward to the signalbox but please put some ballast down.!!!!  Chris

dhig

....................    Oops   ..........

Now Now, you two, go watch tv. and find out how   Medi - evil  murder was committed ,

2100 hrs.........Channel 5 is bloodthirsty or become a colonist , with  Ed 1. Channel  9.

Edited by David Todd

Yer that's pretty good idear,half tree with flat backs..

Im using "sea moss foam" trees on (banks road)... :sungum:

Thanks for posting

Yep, they do work, neil.  Have also got some seafoam trees, I think they also work well,

Diesels in the Duchy, has a well formed set of seafoams when I seen it @ Newark,15 months ago.

David if you only been modelling for three years you have reason to be proud of what you have achieved ,to model a prototype is to be courageous as there is no room for manoeuvre its got to be right.Every post the layout progresses and its all done with humour a very necessary ingredient for our hobby(?)  glad to see upright lights and looking forward to the signalbox but please put some ballast down.!!!!  Chris

Thanks for posting......lms,  may get vertigo,when I get everything vertical............Thanks for encouragement.

Freebs has done an excellent job on the  Priory box.