Dover Habour Station.closed in 1928.

Part of it is what the picture tells you,.................another part of it,I heard, last week,was bought by a chap,who has a Freight haulage business,wishes to...........

turn it into his main office,then put the main ached windows back in place, but.........they are 3 feet from the mainline.

Wonder if he has asked NetworkRail ?

9183934634_98d84a51ed.jpg

I don't give much of a chance for him getting them re-installed, I'm afraid, if they're that close to a running line. Even if, by a miracle, he does, then he's still got to find a way of maintaining and cleaning them.

another part of it,I heard, last week,was bought by a chap,who has a Freight haulage business,wishes to...........

turn it into his main office,then put the main ached windows back in place, but.........they are 3 feet from the mainline.

Wonder if he has asked NetworkRail ?

I have "borrowed" Ernie's picture,... the building,behind the train..........you can see the bricked up arches, that, the guy,wants to re-glaze............ :scratchhead:

sml_gallery_2484_2868_882673.jpg

I have been looking @ some old close up pictures, of what the track was laid on,  in the Dover Town Yard,in it's "Hey Day".

I need to find out,....what materials,..I am going to use for the trackbed,on the model.

I have my trackwork,laid on Woodland Scenic foambed, at present.

9160051041_8f02b68ed2.jpg

9162274952_5303206724.jpg

3........... :O ............is that,the time already...........?

9136989686_3d67ab1920.jpg

• Like 3

9114120512_9b2fb3ecce_o.jpg

What do you think.? ..................A bricked up tunnel, to nowhere.............?

But,I do know what it was for................ :drag:

IIRC This was to allow a turntable to fit next to the main line, very historic.  There are other small rooms that were shelters for staff during WW2, remember the area was shelled by the germans on a regular basis.  They has watchers to see when the guns fired, then run for the shelter,

Rail Exclusives, thanks for the info D.T. they seem to have some impressive models, I will keep looking, see if they do a 66 or 37 that I might want. Having a break from the main layout, before I put the track down on cork and ballast it, so I am making a TMD  Diorama for displaying my trains on when I want to photograph them.   

Ernie,.........Thanks for the pictures, one of a kind those pics,......................

So are you saying, in the shunt test,the van switched the points itself..?

Correct, due to a number of factors, including the point mechanism being a bit weak and some keys were missing from the area where the switch and closure rails connected.  The long wheelbase of the wagon didn't help.

If you enter the tunnel from Dover Priory the first refuge on the leaf leads to the room.  IIRC there was one firing slit and a chimney of some sort up through the roof.

Shakespeare Tunnel had galleries between the two single bore tunnels.  In line with these were galleries that lead off towards the cliff face.  Owing to the poor state of the cliff face I chose not to venture into these.  Between Shakespeare and Abbotscliffe Tunnels there were 'chalk fences' alarmed to warn of cliff falls.  They put the signals back to danger and the line had to be examined before the signals could be reset.  All part of the fun of being a Supervisor at Dover.