The back scene for the "Dover Town Yard", will not be of photograph's, as shewn,in the first 2 pics.
8949198407_599ac6551a.jpg

8949202579_9847986def.jpg

3. But in this pic. the Cellotex insulation board will be,sculpted, to represent, the cliff, it will hopefuly, "Zip Textured"....

8951924717_15158e0171.jpg

• Like 3

The Saturday, Liverpool-Dover.

At Hawkesbury Sreet Junction, takes a left,to Marine station,after passing through Dover Priory.

Rolling stock,is "stored" in Dover Town Yard,after pax. dischage, before return journey,later,same day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MSzXqggk35c

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 1

post 25

Now that's what I call ballasting.

post26

I have tried polyfoam xps, this pink stuff at 50mm thick is to my mind brilliant cut well holds it's shape and bears weight, but am having trouble sourcing it

I have tried kingspan it's ok. The cream bits when you cut are not so bad. Painted it and it kept its shape.

I tried cellotex and decided to try painting directly on the foam so I stripped away one metal film side, and coloured it (no cutting) next morning it had curled A LOT, but what amazed me was it curled towards the side the foam was removed, I would have expected it to curve, if at all, towards the remaining filmed side because it would be tensioned. I am trying weights at each end to smooth the curve as it is like 6inches plus, a gentle curve would make nice terrain.

Has anyone else had such an experience?

I thought kingspan and Celleotex were basically the same thing.

We have Recticel have yet to paint it.

dt, I assume you used Cellotx for the white cliffs previously any comments?

Edited by Jaz

Nice pictures of Ballasting dt  .............    it just goes to prove that Track is actually maintained and not just left     ..........    :declare:   

10 Chain Curve.....more ballasting.............

Is that held with PVA and the Track with Pins?

J

Some interesting stuff there. I think those container wagons might be the Multifrets that Freightliner/RfD hired in for while for trials with swap-bodies from Poole and Harwich. They seem to have got raised headstocks at both ends.

The three Tiphook wagons had been modified with sliding covers, and were used to carry 'waste' from the zinc smelter at Avonmouth for further refining at a plant in either Belgium or Holland.

Some interesting stuff there. I think those container wagons might be the Multifrets that Freightliner/RfD hired in for while for trials with swap-bodies from Poole and Harwich. They seem to have got raised headstocks at both ends.

The three Tiphook wagons had been modified with sliding covers, and were used to carry 'waste' from the zinc smelter at Avonmouth for further refining at a plant in either Belgium or Holland.

Yes, they look like the Multifrets.  Here are a couple of shots of some going on to the NPC.  Some wagons were not fit to run back on their own wheels.  Date 24 March 1993.

Dover Ferry 24 Mar 1993 Multifrets going back To France 01

Dover Ferry 24 Mar 1993 Multifrets going back To France 02

The Tiphokk wagons were 'the' three wagons for this traffic, Copper/Lead Dross from Avonmouth.  I think it was only dangerous on sea, not dangerous by rail.  If it got we, the gunge that ran out was the problem.  It had been previously conveyed in high sided SNCB open wagons, again these were sheeted.  I'll try and find a picture.  The three wagons reverted to ordinary traffic, but still had some of the sheet gear in place for a number of years.

Moorings................ :drag:

Some of you may have noticed,  my pictures from the "free" photobucket w/site, ar now not displayed in previous post's,on all my threads.............

This has been an oversight by me, as I have gone over the "free" bandwith allowance.

I hope to rectify thisover a period of time.

You can still see the pictures,if you click the grey square, you will be taken to my photo bucket website.

Sorry for the incoveinience....................... :scratchhead:

It is old Dover Harbour station, now closed, will shew you later today and what is is now, must go to vist Lizzie,see ya.

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/d/dover_harbour/

I suspect it might have been part of a 'Power Station' which would have supplied hydraulic power to drive things like cranes, lock gates and lifting spans around the various bits of dock estate; in the days before electrical supplies, this is how power was supplied to heavier bits of outside plant in places like dockyards. Here's a picture of a similar structure in my hometown, which has been imaginatively converted:-

http://gourmetgorro.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/sosban-llanelli-restaurant-review.html

On picture post 34 four (4) there is a stone tower. Can I ask what it is part of?

It is old Dover Harbour station, now closed, will shew you later today and what is i

Dover Habour Station.closed in 1928.

Part of it is what the picture tells you,.................another part of it,I heard, last week,was bought by a chap,who has a Freight haulage business,wishes to...........

turn it into his main office,then put the main ached windows back in place, but.........they are 3 feet from the mainline.

Wonder if he has asked NetworkRail ?

9183934634_98d84a51ed.jpg

• Like 1