The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

A possible Scam on Pay Pal

tomparryharry

• RMweb Gold

I thought this deserves a wider audience than the one it might receive on the E-bay thread.

I've had an e-mail, purporting to be from Pay Pal, which says they (Paypal), are taking funds from my account, to the tune of £41:99.

The fee allegedly is in respect of Skype.

At the bottom of the message is a contact for the resolution centre, which the e-mail invites you to open.

As you can guess, it's remained closed.....

The sender (in this case) is support432 @ outlook.com

Just thought you ought to know.....

Regards,

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Any e-mail from Paypal to you shouold be addressed to you personally, and will have your christian and family names. If it doesn't have these, it ain't from Paypal. I had something very similar to this which I sent on to Paypal to check out. It was a few months ago though.

best wishes

Alastair M

Whenever I get anything like that I take a screenshot of it and email it with an explanation and request for confirmation that its legit to the security dept., in this case to Paypals security or help centre.

Let them deal with it.

Funny enough I had one this morning purporting to be from PayPal saying my account was suspended until I forwarded certain info via the link provided in the email......needless to say it was forwarded to PayPal at their security address spoof@paypal.com

• RMweb Gold

Ah. Mr Motupu. I think it's his brother that's arranging for me to be crowned King of Zaire on receipt of a nominal "coronation fee".

You can't be King of Zaire, that's my job! And I've paid for it. I've got this certificate, written on the back of an Embassy fag packet....

Archived