Help with track plan for Souther Region terminus and Fish Dock

TerrySVR

Like most of us I have recently ripped up my layout to "Start again" does anyone have a track plan for a Sourten Terminus with associated yards including a Fish Dock to fit in 8ft by 2.5ft. Any sensible suggestions appreciated. Thanks in anticipation

To help suggestions, what scale are you working in?

Also does that area include your fiddle yard?

There are a few Southern based layout threads on here influenced by Padstow,

have you found any of them?

cheers 

• RMweb Premium

Click the "Beer and Branscombe" link in my sig below to see the latest images of track down for a modest SR-themed (but fictitious) track plan including what could be a fish dock.   

It's a bit longer than 8' but would give you some idea ..... 

Having looked there was nothing that fitted the critque set out hence the question

Hi

I had a similar requirement, so I compressed the Padstow track plan into the space available. It works for me, and I would make the same choice again if needed. Track is Code100 (because that is what I had), but Code 75 would be just as acceptable. Points are Peco Insulfrog, because I loathe droppers. Only one loco (an 0-4-4T)has difficulty with the plastic frogs, but when operating with a train the momentum pushes it through the frog. Power is from a ZTC 505. All my other locos are modern, and are wired for 3 or more axles.

I have used the fish dock siding as a general freight siding, and the last 15" or so is wired as a programming section. Easy manual access.

post-489-0-34045600-1378635674.jpg

Archived