Motorized Chassis for a 4-6-2 locomotive.

Hey guys,

I need a little help finding a custom made chassis for a steam loco. It will be a 00n3 scale loco of the "Indian Railways YP Class 4-6-2" 

The prototype locomotive was a MG loco. i.e a meter gauge loco. I don't mind making a small compromise on the model's gauge, thus making it a 00 narrow gauge model - 00n3.

So is there any firm that produces chassis for steam locos? I know "Motorbogies" and "Hollywood Foundries" make Bo-Bo and Co-Co wheel sets and motorized bogies. But I haven't been able to find producers for custom steam loco chassis..

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Jeremiah.

post-15929-0-78673800-1378908978_thumb.jpg

post-15929-0-00435500-1378908989.jpg

Indian steam is not exactly well catered for. You may have to commission someone to design etches for you. Finding suitable driving wheels, etc. won't be easy either, and adaptation of an existing product may be the only way to go.

Has the body already been built?

Nothing on the Indian Railways is represented by working or static models. There are people who make hand-built models but those are absolute rubbish.

All I need is a working custom designed chassis. Driving wheels are I think available from slaters. The rods etc will be a task to design and hence my post regarding a custom chassis.

I am designing the body.

You could try Colin Seymour at  http://www.alangibsonworkshop.com/.  I think he will do bespoke frames.  For something like this I expect you will need a drawing of the frames with accurate location for the wheel bearings.

You might well need frames for the bogie and pony truck as well.

John

I can provide a drawing for a brass chassis kit.

Archived