The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Motor Caravans/Motorhomes/Campervans.

edcayton

I know that there are quite a few users of these on here. My old VW T4 (1995 with200000+ miles on the clock) is rather tired. I have come into some money and want to buy a new toy. I am torn between a 2009 Auto Sleepers Trident and a 2013 VW California.

Both are on short wheelbase VW T5 base vehicles, the Cali is the facelift (T5.5) model. I am definite on VW, short wheelbase and automatic transmission.

The Cali is wonderful, full of toys and a peach to drive. The Trident has only done 7000 miles and is really like new, and is like a little cottage inside.

Any thoughts please?

Ed

How do you cope without a loo (and ideally a shower, but my water heater isn't working!). I know I lived in my Fiat Ducato based Bessacar for 4.5 years, which isn't something most people do, but I like being able to stop whenever I'm out and about to pop into my own loo when I need one! And the opening rear doors are great because I can carry long lengths of timber, and beds, carpets, windows etc I acquire on Freecycle! Both the ones you fancy have a bit more open space to move around in though, there's plenty of room for a micro layout in there!

There's only me and the dog, and I'm too fat for any m/home or caravan bathroom I have seen so I'd rather do without. My little Porta-Potti means that I do have a pot to p*** in! which is needed at night.

Ed

My bathroom just fits me. I could have done with a bit more space the other evening though, when I had to squeeze through the door that I couldn't open very far, as the passage was blocked by a carpet I'd just collected from someone on Freecycle, and had to get the silver screen (windscreen cover) that I store in there out through said gap first to make room for me! Then reverse the process!

It's strange how a dog thinks they need a bed almost as big as mine!

post-7091-0-33632400-1380233628.jpg

She's just had her first holiday in the van, and was absolutely brilliant. She'd travelled around in it, as it's our only vehicle, but never slept in it before, and she took everything in her stride. We even got the convoluted turning her sofa into my bed, turning the rear seat into her bed, and transferring the disgustingly dirty doggie seat cover from one to the other, working very efficiently!

Archived