Airbrush fume extraction

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

I have recently bought a fold up spray booth with a built in fan. The original plan was to cut a hole in the basement workshop wall and poke the extract tube through, into the cavity under the house. But on thinking about this I now plan to vent the fumes to outside. Unfortunately the outside wall is about 4 m away and the fan isn't powerful enough.

So now I am thinking of getting an inline bathroom extract and boosting the airflow. I won't put it in line but was planning to put a T connection in and push the air to the outside, with the air from the spray booth joining at the bottom of the T.

Does this sound reasonable or more trouble than it's worth ?

Thanks for any ideas.

Roger

Can I just say that having a too powerful fan is as bad as having too little. It sucks all the paint out too (or rather it creates too great an airflow around the piece being painted). Does the box have a filter?

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

The booth has a built in fan and filter the back, I'm thinking I might just get some extra tube and see if that works, I can always add a second fan if needed.

Roger

If it's the type of fold up spray booth I'm thinking of then the fan is 'just right' for the intended use and setup. Increasing the airflow may well upset the fine balance between painting the model or painting the inside of the extract tubing.

IMHO venting to outside is the only way to go so arrange your setup accordingly.(said with my H&S hat on)

Archived