Acacia Avenue - BR parcels and stabling SOLD

mudmagnet

Theres quite a link between metal and toy trains-

I showed a photo of myself and old colleague Bruce Dickinson to someone running a layout and he was well impressed.

I've still got some flight 666 memorabilia in the loft from one day concerts we did to Valencia and Trondheim.

That's probably given away who I used to work for

• 1 month later...

The 33 look good Richard, I have a Blue one with SWD Sound but its pre U Drive, I would really like to hear the difference.

Your pics are superb mate, love the little touches like the Chain couplings hanging down.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard

The 33 looks good on Acacia Avenue. Will you be doing the sector plate ready for Plymouth.

Hoping to get sorted next weekend.

• RMweb Gold

The 33 look good Richard, I have a Blue one with SWD Sound but its pre U Drive, I would really like to hear the difference.

Your pics are superb mate, love the little touches like the Chain couplings hanging down.

Thanks Andy.

My other 33 has Legoman sound and the only reason for not using the same again as I wanted the two to sound subtly different.

The parcels vans have the hook couplings at one end only and then added the pipes and screw couplings at the viewers end. As the vans are shunted in and out from one end, don't need couplings at both ends. Some have been fitted with a wire loop (like the locos) to enable coupling to another van.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have recently fitted a Digitrains U-Drive Zimo sound decoder to another class 25!

I had a little run last night with one of my class 33.

Will be out next at Plymouth on Saturday 11th June.

post-7854-0-41933700-1464352684.jpg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Andy.

My other 33 has Legoman sound and the only reason for not using the same again as I wanted the two to sound subtly different.

The parcels vans have the hook couplings at one end only and then added the pipes and screw couplings at the viewers end. As the vans are shunted in and out from one end, don't need couplings at both ends. Some have been fitted with a wire loop (like the locos) to enable coupling to another van.

Just realised, my 33 is Leggoman with a weak horn. I do prefer SWD.

Have a good show.

Just a reminder that Acacia Avenue will be at Plymouth railway exhibition on Saturday.

Track cleaned and facia repainted as was looking a bit tired.

Hi

Looking very good....

I'm sure you'll have a great day out....

I was well looked after when I was there.....

Sadly I shan't be there this Saturday as I now work most weekends....

Look forward to the pics...

Cheers Bill

• RMweb Gold

Had a great day at Plymouth show yesterday. Went on my own, but thanks to the Plymouth guys and in particular Ian for an operating stint, was an easy yet enjoyable day.

Got chance to take a few photos.

Acacia Avenue not out now until August when we go down to Hayle in Cornwall (better get the passport checked).

post-7854-0-30521800-1465726285.jpg

post-7854-0-01052500-1465726286.jpg

post-7854-0-55619100-1465726286.jpg

post-7854-0-99172000-1465726286.jpg

post-7854-0-59554800-1465726287.jpg

• Like 15

Tis looking really good and sounding awesome, could happily listen to your machines from where I was operating and enjoyed it, really must consider digital and sound on future stuff!

By the way, we are not quite as envious of my sister and bro in law, spoke to her earlier, hour and a half walk from car to tent spot and then nearly an hour walk from there to the festival stages each day, she is seriously knackered already hehe!!!

Simon

no not too loud at all, added a little more atmosphere to make up for the lack of visitors, an unfortunately quiet show!

Apologies to other non motorsport readers for the next bit - 

WAHAY, great win though was this another race Hamilton won as others drop the baton? Really thought Vettel was going to makwe a race of it until those errors he made. Delighted with Rossies misfortune as well, means only a 9 point deficit rather than the 48 only 2 races ago!!

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 1

Had a great day at Plymouth show yesterday. Went on my own, but thanks to the Plymouth guys and in particular Ian for an operating stint, was an easy yet enjoyable day.

Got chance to take a few photos.

Acacia Avenue not out now until August when we go down to Hayle in Cornwall (better get the passport checked).

attachicon.gifDSC_0001.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0005.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0007.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0009.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0010.JPG

And you'll need a Translator