RMweb

NCE Power Cab Stack

MattB

Does anyone know how long we have to wait for NCE to send out the upgrades for the memory increase from 2 stack up to 6 stack. Have being in contact with both NCE who pointed me to DCC supplies and DCC Supplies who pointed me back to NCE!

Filled in a yellow card and sent off about a year ago so on the NCE database.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Is there any other way round it at all such as direct purchase of an upgrade or a booster as would be useful to be able to control 3 to 4 trains without losing the memory of the ones that are running. I.e 2 trains running in either direction plus one shunting - currently involves a reset of speed of one the ones going round if I have to recall it. Also not useful for emergency stop since I have to rekey in the number then hit the stop button!.

I believe both the SB3a and SB5 5amp 'Smartboosters' have stacks of 6.

I've used my PowerCab on a friends layout which has one (not sure if it's a 3a or 5) and it certainly increased the stack size.

Another benefit is the increase to 5amps of course.

I'm still waiting for my 2 upgrades, one was free and one I paid $25 for back in April. I've emailed NCE about 4 or 5 times and there seems be an issue over the postage costs? I think they have so many to send overseas they are looking for the cheapest option, without much luck!

I am in the same situation,I bought my powercab last november. It seems there was some issue with shipping costs, I think there  is no distributer for NCE in this country unlike Australia where the dealers are getting the upgrades. I have just bought a new SB5 booster which has the 6 stack but to be honest I will be happy with a stack of 3 for now.

Archived