LMS Diesel Shunter

smyles1

Has anybody built a Judith Edge kit for the LMS jackshaft drive diesel electric 0-6-0 shunter? I am thinking of buying one with my Christmas money and would like to know what the kit is like to build. I have made etched brass steam locos but not a diesel, all the details look very fiddly. Any advice and information about the kit would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

I used a Bachmann 08 motor and drive I had spare to power it.

Ok, I've got to ask why? - even if I had a spare 08 chassis - I can't quite understand why the supplied chassis was not built and used?

smyles1, I have not built this kit (yet), but have built a few JE kits. I can say that if you have built brass steam loco kits you will find shunters very straight forward (no complex valve gear or boilers to roll) The parts in the JE kits do go together remarkably well and they are a pleasure to build. Yes there may be some fiddly bits - but there has to be something to make you work at it :D - and extremely good value (almost cheap) compared to some overpriced steam loco kits.

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for reply and photos. It looks very good so I will go ahead and order it.

Mike

Hi

I recently bought a Judith Edge kit and I can only echo the comments on here. Very well thought out and fits together very well. It's a joy to construct.

Cheers

Paul

Archived