Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001 Macclesfield Show 20th&21st April 2024

87023Velocity

18 minutes ago, ianb3174 said:

I have a question, apologies if it's been asked before. On the WCML bits I'm familiar with the fast lines are a pair, as are the slow lines. On this layout the two centre lines are the fast lines. Does the protocol change north of Crewe? 

It is a bit of a mix really. Between Crewe and Winsford, Warrington to Winwick Junction the centre lines are fast lines. Between Golbourne Junction and Springs Branch it changes to a pair of fast and pair of slow lines. Between Euxton and Preston it is paired again. 

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 06/12/2022 at 21:21, MarshLane said:

Hi Simon,

Superb and very enjoyable as ever!  Hope you've got a warm coat .. you can't stop entertaining us just because its cold!!! :)

Rich

Thanks Rich, yes think my big coat might be wise, I do have a portable oil fired radiator but very reluctant to plug it in and switch on!

Noticed some of the locos I have tried have been slow to get going and need a few circuits to warm them up. Not really had an issue with this before but then the radiator was probably used more to keep the chill off.

Cheers

Simon

Edited by 87023Velocity
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, 87023Velocity said:

A bit of running earlier, braved the cold with my jacket! 🤣🥶

Good man!!  Great images again, damn lucky to get the test train passing through while you were there. Every time I go for them its the usual 'oh you should have been here 10 minutes ago' comment....

However, I can feel the chills coming on from that 20 minutes at the lineside, so I am off for the flask from the car 🤣

Edited by MarshLane
  • Funny 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Superb as ever. The new ‘90s’ look the business .. wish I’d been there morning could have coped 90004! What do you think to the new BacFar 90s Simon?

Merry Christmas

Rich

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Superb as ever. The new ‘90s’ look the business .. wish I’d been there morning could have coped 90004! What do you think to the new BacFar 90s Simon?

Merry Christmas

Rich

Thanks Rich, personally I think they are stunning. They are very smooth and quiet. Only grumble like has been mentioned are the unpainted busbars and insulators. Needless to say I will be getting more!

Merry Christmas 

Cheers 

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have friends like you Simon - their visits the lineside almost always co-incide with something interesting coming past ... mine never do! 

Just goes to show the superb level of achievement you've got with Dallam.  It looks realistic and lovely from any angle you take!  Nice to see a shot of a mail train leaving the RMT too - I dont think your down at Dallam very often when that runs 🤣

Happy New Year to you (and everyone else reading this!)

Rich

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 87023Velocity said:

Evening everyone. Over the last few days I have managed to video a few different trains and make a longer video than usual. Although only 5 minutes in length, it seemed to take me a while ! 🤣

Cheers

Simon

That’s a fantastic video Simon. It shows what N gauge is really good at.

I can only imagine how long that took to edit having lost many hours trying to do the same thing!

Nick

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/12/2022 at 21:19, Cowley 47521 said:

That’s a fantastic video Simon. It shows what N gauge is really good at.

I can only imagine how long that took to edit having lost many hours trying to do the same thing!

Nick

Thanks Nick,

It does take a while, as you say editing and retakes! I am getting slightly quicker at it....... I think (not)🤣 .

Cheers

Simon