RMweb

Potential TV crossovers

steve1

Sometimes characters from one series will turn up in another. It happens in the US Law And Order franchise quite frequently and also in the CSI one. Perhaps programme makers should be a bit more imaginative and maybe Forum members could come up with some helpful (relatively sensible) suggestions?

Here are a couple of mine:

1. The US series Cold Case and New Tricks as they both deal with 'unsolved' crimes.

2. The US series Body Of Proof and Silent Witness, both being about forensic pathology.

(You can tell the only sort of TV I watch can't you?)

steve

I would love a character from one soap to appear in another.

For example, someone leaves Eastenders, and turns up in Coronation Street.

'So you've moved in round here?'.

'Yeah, I'm from Walford in London. You've probably never heard of it, nothing much happens...'.

I would love a character from one soap to appear in another.

For example, someone leaves Eastenders, and turns up in Coronation Street.

'So you've moved in round here?'.

'Yeah, I'm from Walford in London. You've probably never heard of it, nothing much happens...'.

Cindy Beal/Stella Price...?

They've done a Hawaii Five-O crossover with NCIS:LA.

UK<->US show crossovers could be interesting though.

In the above examples about Cold Case/New Tricks and Silent Witness/Body of Proof, both Cold Case and Body of Proof got cancelled so very unlikely there. Though Waking the Dead could also work in that context.

There are Doctor Who/Star Trek TNG crossover comics, and Moffatt has said he'd be interested in doing it, but reckons Paramount would never go for it.

Given the number of dramas/soaps filmed around the Cardiff area, it's only a matter of time before there's some accidental crossover- Sherlock turning up in Doctor Who, or the Tardis arriving in the Reception area at Holby City. One person, who occassionally posts on here, apparently opened his front door to find David Tennant standing there.

Given the number of dramas/soaps filmed around the Cardiff area, it's only a matter of time before there's some accidental crossover- Sherlock turning up in Doctor Who, or the Tardis arriving in the Reception area at Holby City.

The nearest they've come to that so far was Rhodri Morgan nearly appearing as a Doctor Who villain because he'd been ushered into the Dr Who makeup room rather than the news makeup room by mistake!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4366317.stm

Edited to add link

Couldn't help laughing at New Tricks a few weeks ago when Nicholas Lyndhurst's character went into a room with two chandeliers...

Talking of New Tricks, I'd have quite liked to have seen a Thames Valley "New Tricks" squad with three recently-retired police Inspectors: DI Lewis, DI Frost and DI Tom Barnaby!

The nearest they've come to that so far was Rhodri Morgan nearly appearing as a Doctor Who villain because he'd been ushered into the Dr Who makeup room rather than the news makeup room by mistake!

When my wife was at Tyne-Tees, she took her usual shortcut from the Transmission Suite to Studio Five, where the Tube was being filmed; she suddenly realised she was in the middle of Alison Moyet's band, and had to step very carefully sideways to avoid getting in shot.

I've just thought of an unusual wholly UK cross over.

TOP GEAR < > Motorway Cops, and just so channel 5 wouldn't be left out FIFTH GEAR < > Police Interceptors.

if they are done in the right part of the country, you could get all four sets of shows with one production crew!!! :)

Archived