Highland Branch of the Florida Central Railroad

Chris Gilbert

Chris, looks like your shed is going to arrive before mine....   :D

What size is it, overall?  I was a bit surprised when I found that a nominal 14 x 8 shed only gives me 13'6" x 7'6" maximum.  You've managed to fit quite a lot into only 10 x 8, compared to my most recent plan.

Dr Gerbil-Fitters

I know what you mean, mine, inside is 9'4" by 7'4"

It should here on the 1st November.

Here are a few photos of the shed

post-7237-0-70631200-1382444599_thumb.jpg

Thankfully the monitor and desk are not included

post-7237-0-06565200-1382444601_thumb.jpg

The layout will run above the lower window and cover the top window.

Workbench will be in front of the windows with storage underneath and to the sides,

There will be a work area along the back wall where I can build my exhibition layouts. 

I'm lucky because the door is in the corner and opens outwards, which allows me to use all four walls.

post-7237-0-69236000-1382444602_thumb.jpg

Dr Gerbil-Fitters

I know what you mean, mine, inside is 9'4" by 7'4"

It should here on the 1st November.

Here are a few photos of the shed

attachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG

Thankfully the monitor and desk are not included

attachicon.gifphoto 3.JPG

The layout will run above the lower window and cover the top window.

Workbench will be in front of the windows with storage underneath and to the sides,

There will be a work area along the back wall where I can build my exhibition layouts. 

I'm lucky because the door is in the corner and opens outwards, which allows me to use all four walls.

Chris

That looks like it is already lined?  Is that so?

Colin

• RMweb Gold

My shed is due on November 5th.  Booked the day off work, pictures on here on the great day.

Are you having a topping out ceremony??

my shed is postponed indefinitely, till the developer repairs the boundary wall - taken 5 years and still nothing done to prevent it falling down.

Are you having a topping out ceremony??

my shed is psotponed indefinitely, till the developer repairs the boundary wall - taken 5 years and still nothing done to prevent it falling down.

I shall have a little bottle of something to celebrate.  My own little space, first time since I lost control of the garage (which wasn't very nice anyway) more than a decade ago.  Sorry to hear about your shed saga.

• RMweb Gold

I agree about the bar.

A continuous run would be useful though. Its one thing I miss for my HO / OO stock

My shed plan is for putting up a high level (above windows) continuous non scenic run test track in OO/HO and N scale  (with portable layout below)- maybe you could do trhat if you dont go for the continuous run option?

Luckily the garage is warm and virtually all mine to use so its not so bad.

Ian

You guys are making me feel bad.  I'm fretting over how to fit what I want in my 24x25 basement and you're in a 7x9 shed....

One of my favourite 'quotes' is by modeller Peter North, describing one of his early layouts, Hope, Illinois....

"Lack of space is merely a challenge to the imagination."

:D

One of my favourite 'quotes' is by modeller Peter North, describing one of his early layouts, Hope, Illinois....

"Lack of space is merely a challenge to the imagination."

:D

If I could triple agree with this post I'd do so.....

Best, Pete.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived