Is an OO Dalek do-able on a 3D printer ?

Well, with the gauntlet thrown down, how could I refuse?

In a battle of Daleks vs. B9Creator it seems the B9 wins.  I even managed to squeeze the Tardis in for you (well, it is little on the outside).

post-7500-0-81215600-1383245793_thumb.jpg

Some 20mm high Daleks. They just need their weapons attaching and they'll be ready to invade.

post-7500-0-39257600-1383245779_thumb.jpg

post-7500-0-78555300-1383245768_thumb.jpg

post-7500-0-00862000-1383245758_thumb.jpg

So, to answer your original question: Yes, eminently do-able.  I'll stick 3 of them and the Tardis in the post to you tomorrow.  Hopefully that should give you enough to get some casting done from.

Hi

Very cool. If you ever decide to sell them, put me down for a set for arboretum valley , go well with the rest of the outside broadcast theme.

It opens up a world of ideas, space 1999, UFO, captain scarlet... Makes me consider this 3 d printing :)

Regards

Absolutely awesome - I am stunned by the level detail which is achievable with 3D printing in the hands of an expert.

I am incredibly grateful for all the help and support on this subject, Riley will be one enormously excited DR Who fan when the layout hits our next exhibition, just need to make sure I paint them the correct colour.

The third Doctor is taking shape nicely from a Dapol figure having acquired a cape and big hair - photos will follow when I get my act together.

• 2 weeks later...

....and I thought that this was a serious discussion about a 'real' DALEK which is a trackside temporary speed restriction warning device for drivers........ want to see one? SECC in February where Elliott Bridge's will be on/flashing and being ignored by our club members all weekend  :no:

• 11 months later...

It's been 12 months but our annual show was last weekend & the Daleks had an outing confronting a pair of Doctors - the response was remarkable with visitors on the Sunday turning up because they had heard from friends on the Saturday about Dr Who.

Most importantly the intended Dr Who devotee was in attendance and thought it was amazing, one very very happy young lad indeed

I cannot express how grateful I am for the kind assistance received on this project.

Apparently for next year I now need to create Bessie, some cybermen and a few weeping angels plus K-9 - no pressure then :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived