If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hi from SDJR7F88

SDJR7F88

Hi guys! New to RMweb, as very things a bit new to me :mail: . I have been a keen railway modeller from a young age, thank to my granddad. Last year I start a YouTube channel called SDJR7F88 (as my favourite line to model is the Somerset and Dorset), which to my surprise really took off. Having just been on there for over 1 year I have reached nearly 600 subs and over 53,000 views! I post video of my layouts, reviews and visits to real railways and modelling events.

I have 3 layouts at the moment. The first being my loft layout, which has no set period or location, but most of the time I tend to run 1950's-1960's Somerset and Dorset stock. The second layout is my exhibition layout Compton Martin which is still a work in progress. It is set in the 1950's-1960's and is a Somerset and Dorset and Great Western branch terminus (which may be controversial with S&D and GWR fans :jester:)! The third layout is micro layout called Compton Quay and is a small dock side scene, also set in the 1950's-60's. Thanks to these layouts I have organised a Free Model Railway Exhibition at the restaurant I work in, with 8 layouts and a trade stand confirmed! Thanks to Hornbyandbf3fan for covering this topic.

Anyway that's a bit about me and my layouts and I'm looking forward to really getting into RMweb and any help with getting started would be very much appreciated!

Callum :sungum:

Hello Callum,

Welcome to the forum.

Jeff

Thanks for the welcome Jeff! I'm sure I will be a RMweb wiz in the near future! :jester: Just create a thread about my exhibition layout Compton Martin. Just getting the basics in at the moment.

Hi Callum

Just joined about 2 days ago, still trying to work my way around LOL :locomotive: 

Matt

Hi mate! LOL! Me too! :locomotive:  Compton Martin has it's own thread, I think you be surprised with some of the thing I have done to it this week! Are you going to start one in the layout topic section for your exhibition layout? Speaking of which are you ready for the exhibition this weekend? :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Hi Callum and welcome,

Is there any chance that you can post a link to your thread on here?

(Yes I know I can find it but I wanted to give you the opportunity to learn how to post links!)

:)

Kev.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate! LOL! Me too! :locomotive:  Compton Martin has it's own thread, I think you be surprised with some of the thing I have done to it this week! Are you going to start one in the layout topic section for your exhibition layout? Speaking of which are you ready for the exhibition this weekend? :jester:

I must admit, I'd like to do one, but I have no idea how to create a thread?!? LOL :D

Archived