Compton Martin (00 gauge)

SDJR7F88

Nice looking layout Callum, :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :locomotive:  Good luck at the Show and please lets see some more pics.

Andy :sungum:

Thanks Andy! Another video update of the layout will be coming shortly! I certainly hope it goes well too! All the months of planning and getting the other layouts in! :locomotive: I hope to get lots of footage of it and all the other layouts at the show! :locomotive:

Callum,liking this a lot.

The layout has a lovely look to it.

Is that PECO over bridge masking the fiddly yard?

Rob.

Thanks Rob! Yep, it sure it! Had to paint the back of it black to stop the light coming through it, but it certainly looks the part! :locomotive:

Really like this layout, especially the stone setts!

Thanks mate! Another update coming soon, the last before the big event this weekend!

Here are some images I took of the layout today :mail: 

Absolutely superb images mate, I love artistic shots like that, sort of brings the layout to life!  :whistle:

Absolutely superb images mate, I love artistic shots like that, sort of brings the layout to life!  :whistle:

Thanks mate! You can see it for real tomorrow! Got some pics of the event set up so far under the Exhibition section. Look for Compton Martin Model Railway Exhibition to have a look. Plus Just about to add some pics of the newly named 'Chew Valley'! :locomotive:

The day before Compton Martin first out! Today apart from packing and setting the layout up at the venue I managed to name Compton Martin's little private saddle tank 'Chew Valley'. And yes the name plate are on paper :jester: , but they don't look half bad (even surprised me)! I'm will get around to putting proper Narrow Planet ones on in the future. Here are some pics of her in the goods yard on Compton Martin before packing. :locomotive:

post-20663-0-35178500-1383420223_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-90981700-1383420231_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-36937500-1383420240_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-00639100-1383420249_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

It's the big day tomorrow, with Compton Martin at it's first outing! The exhibition is at the real Compton Martin and has been in the pipe line for a few months (see my video about the event a page back). I set Compton Martin up today at the venue ready for the event tomorrow along with 3 other layouts and the Signals Model Trade Stand! 4 more layouts are turning up tomorrow. Entry is totally FREE! See Hornbyandbf3fans post for more info about the event http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/75837-compton-martin-model-railway-exhibition/&do=findComment&comment=1211677

Here are some pics from the set up today. :locomotive: 

post-20663-0-41748100-1383422181_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-14327200-1383422190_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-01677800-1383422199_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-08465200-1383422207_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

The first Compton Martin Model Railway Exhibition was a massive success! :yahoo: I'm sure there will be another in the not to distant future.  I would like to say a very big thank you to all the exhibitors that displayed along with Signals Model and of course the staff in the restaurant! :good: Compton Martin perform well on the day, apart from a issue with one of the sets of points, which I hope to sort.

Here's my footage of the event.

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well done Callum. Your efforts do you credit.

Video went down well this morning over a cup of tea.

What's next then ?

Rob

Well done Callum. Your efforts do you credit.

Video went down well this morning over a cup of tea.

What's next then ?

Rob

Thanks Rob! Glad you enjoyed it! It certainly was a very successful event! :locomotive: I honestly don't know now, planning for an even bigger one next year I suppose! :jester:

Here are some more videos of the Compton Martin Model Railway Exhibition, filmed by other exhibitors and visitors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC6sauyWLtk&list=PLJoUVfk9guP-443J0Q7l1NWZjro5VG0nY&index=7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGDWTdyvpko&list=PLJoUVfk9guP-443J0Q7l1NWZjro5VG0nY&index=9

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 4