Compton Martin (00 gauge)

SDJR7F88

How do you start a forum? :O

If you want to start a forum on you layout go to the layout section (like what this forum is in) at the top right of the list should blue button saying Start new topic. Hope this helps! And tell me when you post it! :mail:

If you want to start a forum on you layout go to the layout section (like what this forum is in) at the top right of the list should blue button saying Start new topic. Hope this helps! And tell me when you post it! :mail:

It's up now! :)

Hi Callum, this is an amazing layout and I have really enjoyed watching it progress!  :clapping_mini:  I particularly like the cobble stone effect, I remember seeing that in a magazine somewhere and I'm hoping to do it to my layout at some stage! :)

Em

Thanks Em! Glad you have enjoyed it's updates! Quite sad I that I am not doing any more on it! :jester: That cobble effect is certainly very interesting and can't wait to see some on your layout! Is there an update coming soon on your layout? Would great to see it again! :locomotive:

Thanks Em! Glad you have enjoyed it's updates! Quite sad I that I am not doing any more on it! :jester: That cobble effect is certainly very interesting and can't wait to see some on your layout! Is there an update coming soon on your layout? Would great to see it again! :locomotive:

I haven't got the layout up at the moment due to space, but the next time I will have it up will maybe be Christmas as I'm hoping to get that new Bachmann 4F! :) Also yesterday I got an old Hornby triang class 08 which I traded with a neighbour for one of my controllers, I may also be getting an old Lima deltic which is great! :D

I haven't got the layout up at the moment due to space, but the next time I will have it up will maybe be Christmas as I'm hoping to get that new Bachmann 4F! :) Also yesterday I got an old Hornby triang class 08 which I traded with a neighbour for one of my controllers, I may also be getting an old Lima deltic which is great! :D

Certainly building up your fleet! Can't wait to see them! :locomotive:

Wish I could weather like that, just scared I'll muck up and waste money!

LOL! Me too! This loco is not mine at the moment, but Signals Models! I buy it at the show, but it did not work so I gave it back. They lent it back to me to have a go at weathering it up. It is now working well too! I am so pleased with the results I think am going to buy her back again! Considering she the first loco I weather! :jester:

• 1 month later...

Great Layout, brilliant weathering, hope to see this on the exhibition circuit soon ?? :yes:

Thanks Daniel! Me too! It had it's first outing back in November at the real Compton Martin. I working in a restaurant there and I organised a model railway exhibition for first time exhibitors (please I talk to on YouTube). The show was a massive success! With 7 layouts turning up from all around the country (just to come to this little village)! My local model shop even put on a trade stand! Plus entry to the public was completely FREE! I am all ready planning the next Compton Martin Model Railway Exhibition for this coming summer and I all ready have 17 layout wanting to come (one is even planning to come down from Scotland!). For fingers crossed it will be an even bigger success than the last! Here my video of the event, showing Compton Martin in action, plus all the other layouts.

• Like 2

This post maybe slightly off topic, but a friend of mine is selling his Modern Images Exhibition Layout. It has been exhibited at the Compton Martin Model Railway Exhibition back in November of last year, alongside Compton Martin (it features in my video in the previous post). Here is link to his video advertising the layout and a link to his Ebay page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBERBC3VJnc 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261367681819?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I hope the layout goes to a loving home and all the best to Jack on his next Exhibition Layout, which I hope to see at the next Compton Martin Exhibition! :locomotive:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a link to another topic I have just set up, about an exhibition I am organising called The Compton Martin Model Railway Exhibition. The first exhibition was a massive success last year, so hoping for this years to be even bigger and better! :locomotive: Please check it out an tell me what you think! :declare: 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/81476-compton-martin-model-railway-exhibition-2014/

Err....what date please ????

Hi Chris  get you are very interested in the exhibition! :locomotive:  Sadly not to sure at the moment, hit a bit of a snag with it clashing with other railway or steam events in the area, so not looking to be the 27th July any more. Will try my up most best to sort out another date, and keep you posted. Here's a link to the topic about the event and for all the latest info.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/81476-compton-martin-model-railway-exhibition-2014/

Callum

• 6 months later...

Callum, I am interested in acquiring some Insulator track pieces like you have used in your main layout and on Compton Martin. I was wondering where you got them from, and who makes them?
Any help is much appreciated!

Matt

Callum, I am interested in acquiring some Insulator track pieces like you have used in your main layout and on Compton Martin. I was wondering where you got them from, and who makes them?

Any help is much appreciated!

Matt

They are made by Peco and can be found in most model shops that sell Peco Track. If they don't have them in stock I'm sure you can order some up. They sure are very hand and much better an adding the switches (which can be purchased on their own) to a section of track yourself. Hope this helps!