Bachmann Spares/service Dept

Mr.S.corn78

My first port of call would have been to the retailer given they'd supplied you with a duff loco in the first place for either a replacement or your money back.  Given though you've already changed the wheels is the warranty now void?

All but one of the models i have had issues with have been hard to find models, typically one in stock types (but brand new). On one occasion when i approached the retailer they did indeed offer free return post themselves and a full refund but suggested contacting Bachmann if i preferred to keep the model. The problem is when the fault is very easy resolvable and i want to keep the loco. A cynic might suggest the reason why this its the last model stocked is because its maybe been returned by another or known to have a 'minor' fault that maybe some would accept or the retailer doesn't acknowledge as such? Maybe thats too cynical, i dont know?

As was suggested by Bachmann in my case it would be cheaper for me to just purchase as a spare the wheels required than me post a full loco back (and less hassle for me). Its not right in my view but the best/cheapest option (unless I want a full refund or a swap if the retailer has other stock).

Archived