Tyneside 2013 - 9th & 10th November

Worsdell forever

• RMweb Gold

Spent an enjoyable day there yesterday, a number of nice layouts, especially Mostyn, Ynysybwl, Ogden Fold and  and Hospital Gates.

I also managed to find a lot of things to buy.

The running on Mostyn was very good, I spent a long time in that part of the hall and only saw one train stop unexpectedly.

David

Ynysybwl

Great layout gents...probably the best brassicas you'll see on the circuit...and the caterpillar holes in them takes it to the next level...as do the budgies next door...

...the trains are just a back drop to the allotments!

Duncan

We had a great time with Ynysybwl. As ever, the locals were as friendly as you could wish for, the beer and food was good and it was a good exhibtion. Nobody as yet has mentioned Burntisland, which has some superb stock and definitely was one of he best layouts there (including Mostyn and Ogden Fold). Bit of a long trip from Cardiff. It took us 8 hours to get there due to traffic problems on the A1. We also won best layout which considering the other layouts there is very flattering - so thanks to whoever does the decision making.

I really enjoyed Ynysbwl.  I'm glad it won best in show.  I was disappointed by Mostyn as I waited 5 minutes to see anything move.  I also enjoyed Burntisland, but got frustrated by the operators standing in front of me most of the time.

post-6743-0-36638200-1384206406_thumb.jpg

I thought this was one of the best selections of layouts I've seen at a show for a very long time.  Witton - right up my street, there were some running problems but they could just leave their stock lined up along the front and let me look at it as far as I'm concerned.  Ogden Fold - looks lovely, runs well, always a pleasure.  Burntisland - well, we are not worthy. 

Ynysbwl (how do you pronounce it) was also very nice but (if I may be critical) I thought the grass was a bit monotone.  Thoroughly echo the comments about the allotments and buildings, though.  Unusual to see a scenic fiddle yard as well and a shame it couldn't be viewed all the way round.  Mostyn I've never seen before and was quite taken with.  The running when I was watching was continuous and excellent, the sound effect for the Class 40 was unmissable even if you were in the car park and the standard and variety of stock really stood out even if it's completely out of my era and area and something about which I know almost nothing. 

I'd agree that the trade was a bit light even with the welcome presence of Nigel Burkin - something along the lines of the much-missed Modelex would have been very welcome.

Sunday never seemed overly busy - I hope attendance was what was hoped for as this show deserved to do really well this year.

Archived