Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Minsterley - Modern Image OHLE Layout

Doughnut

Evening Terry. My outlook to modelling is .... "Find it, Pinch it, Build it !" So we're all the same. Just swiped a station canopy design from Dover Priory, which looked the business, so Im building one similar. I'll get a closeup pic for you tomorrow evening. These yellow point motors are found on the bigger/faster points, GV's & HV's..etc. Normal points would probably have the HW2000 point motors, the grey ones that peco make.

Dave

Mornig.............. :drag:

Sorry, am a bit slow with it............... :triniti:

So we're all the same

No, am just a little odd,.....like to be different............

:drag:

Edited by David Todd

Mornig.............. :drag:

Sorry, am a bit slow with it............... :triniti:

No, am just a little odd,.....like to be different............

Morning. Yes, your canopy construction is excellent, so borrowed the idea of using small lattice trusses between the stanchions. As for the rest...'vive la difference'

Dave

I agree with you jaz. Its a good forum for getting or shall i say stealing ideas. I dont think any of the ideas on my layout are my own....in fact most probably come from you dave lol.

hopefully i will get to spend some time in the loft this werkend so i can get to work on the TMD and repaint some wagons so i may post some photos of the progress onto rmweb.

• Like 1

Really impressive work so far Dave! I think you're good with those platform screens out in the open, I can think of a couple of stations on the Merseyrail network that have them exposed in the outdoors.

Looking forward to seeing more

I'll be casing your thread Jaz...see what I can ('half-inch') re-create! :whistle:  8)

Looking forward to seeing those photos Terry. Just had another look at your last vid. Got to say that TMD looks the business! I would  keep the side building, it definately adds to the effect. Green with envy over your RoyalMail 128. When that's weathered and stood 'ticking over', just infront of the TMD....that will be quite a picture!!! Thankfully Ive finished my point motors, but it was a pain. Used peco motors with long pins and a CDU. Used the peco frog switches on about half of them, till I saw a few comments about how naff they were. So now using microswitches to change the frog.

Many thanks for that info Rally. Couldn't remember whether I'd seen them outside or not and would have moved them but with your info I'll leave them well alone.

Cheers chaps

Dave

• Like 3

Hi dave

well im in the process of pinning down the track on the fast mainline on the opposite side of the layout to the station and have just added some large express points to the mainline so the yellow point boxes or what ever they are callec will be perfect.

i have also been looking at dover priory layout this week and he is doing a good job and full of good ideas.

i have not posted any updates here on rmweb or youtube for so long now so i will try to get some photos and or video posted for this weekend hopefully.

terry

i have also been looking at dover priory layout this week 
and full of good ideas.

Checked , the "tank",this morning, Been running on empty, all week,..................some bodies,   been  syfhoning, over a 6. night period..... :O

Filler cap lock, now fitted............to my camera

Edited by David Todd

Signals...signals..and more signals! Woe betide any of my drivers that SPADS after all this lot !! Managed to get an OHLE mast (headspan) erected today; first one in about 6 months. Also been doing some OHLE gantry construction too. I have pre-fabricated most of them, but I need an additional one for the end of Penbury station, so out comes the brass section!

Dave

post-863-0-23166600-1399498551_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-03731800-1399498583_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-28917400-1399498599_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-15051600-1399498627_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-69953200-1399498654_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-74435900-1399498691_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-01267600-1399498713_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-47032300-1399498735_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doughnut
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

yes god help the drivers for missing any signals, brilliant work there Dave as usual. 

don't know about anyone else but this pic gives the feel of walk to platform end and peer over the wall...

post-14408-0-12952100-1399542683.jpg

cos I`m a nosey git hehe

• Like 6
  • Funny 1

I have to say your track work is very authentic looking....don't worry about copying off us .....'cos I plan to copy off YOU!!!

How nice.. :O ................Takes the pressure of me, then,............ :triniti:

Cheers Terry, Mike. The numbered part of the signal, theatre route indicator, is a 7 segment led display. Think you can get them from Rapid or Maplins. You have to do a bit of jiggery pokery with the wiring.I used a rotary switch, piece of copper clad circuit board and lots of diodes arranged to give me the numbers 1 to 5 when you turn the rotary switch. I think there's a hi-tec way for doing them too using a microchip, but that's beyond me. Would have loved to have used a 7x5 led matrix, which is more like the real thing, but again you need microchip programming, which does my head in !!!

Dave

Now that's what I call a model railway! It's so beautiful and highly detailed! I love the detail and look of the station and the OHLE. I just wish I could build OHLE like that. I've been trying to build my own but never have much luck. I do look forward to seeing more of this beast of a layout of yours.