pre-1914 vehicles

Tin Turtle

• RMweb Premium

There is the old Keilkraft/Knightwing kits of steam lorries and the model B bus and Dennis fire engine. The old Harbutts car models sometimes come up on e-bay but are getting rare. Also look at some of the military models coming from eastern europe, model kits of the Ford model T and the Mack lorry are made.

The old Merit (now Peco) horse-drawn delivery van may be a candidate.

I also have in my possession an unmade Pirate Models charabanc kit in white metal.

Check out Langey Models' web site for any suitable horse-drawn vehicles too; I know there was a bus and some delivery vans/carts but haven't looked at their range more recently.

Dart Castings also had some horse-drawn carts of various styles.

I have some old Transport Replica (Varney) kits for a horse-drawn mail coach and a Shillibeers omnibus - these kits still appear on eBay from time to time.

• 4 weeks later...

I am hoping some manufacturer will make a model of a B type bus to commemerate the anniversary of WW1 next year, I am sure that it would sell well, as it can be done in different liveries

Corgi commemorative set (scale nor stated):

http://www.ehattons.com/67054/Corgi_Collectables_CS90694_WWI_4_Piece_Centenary_Set_/StockDetail.aspx

I have several of the 'General' (LGOC) releases of this B type, repainted to look more realistic (have to post some photos..........). Measuring them and comparing with actual dimensions, they are just about 1/80th, so just a little small for 4mm, but barely noticable.

Archived