One for Southern fans with a few bob?.

gordon s

• RMweb Gold

I read it as £69,000 for the 3 with VAT applicable to the schools only.

So how do you apply the VAT ? you cannot split the sale price into 3

Better to split the Schools off and simplify the sale. or HMRC could say that the value of schools was more than the other 2 and claim a greater amount.

I read it as three locos for £69000 but later on it says for the Schools only.

Its ays "Starting Price £69,000 Plus VAT on Schools only", so it could mean that VAT only applies to the one loco, or that they're advocating that VAT should apply to schools. Controversial! :jester:

But with only 4 days to go, no-one's fighting for them.

It could be they have different ownership criteria and the Schools Class is an asset allocated to a business which is VAT registered.  Either way it's quite confusing.  

Getting back to my original question for a minute though, is £20k + the going rate for 7 1/4" live steam locos?

I dunno, Gordon but they are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them not what someone wants for them.

My extremely limited experience with 71/4" gauge is that most get handed down to the next generation (of family) uncompleted.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

It could be they have different ownership criteria and the Schools Class is an asset allocated to a business which is VAT registered.  Either way it's quite confusing.  

Getting back to my original question for a minute though, is £20k + the going rate for 7 1/4" live steam locos?

Even if they are as good as they are described to be =£23K each is on the high side in my opinion, I would have thought more like £15-16K each as a good starting price with a bit of a 'come on' element to it.  I seriously doubt if they'll get any bidders at the price they're looking for although maybe they'll get individual interest and get shot of them that way - at a more realistic price for buyers.  It will be interesting to see if they, or any of them, turn up in a certain auction next month.

http://www.specialauctionservices.com/annual_trains_galore_auction.php

• 4 weeks later...

Archived