Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

One for Southern fans with a few bob?.

gordon s

• RMweb Gold

I read it as £69,000 for the 3 with VAT applicable to the schools only.

So how do you apply the VAT ? you cannot split the sale price into 3

Better to split the Schools off and simplify the sale. or HMRC could say that the value of schools was more than the other 2 and claim a greater amount.

I read it as three locos for £69000 but later on it says for the Schools only.

Its ays "Starting Price £69,000 Plus VAT on Schools only", so it could mean that VAT only applies to the one loco, or that they're advocating that VAT should apply to schools. Controversial! :jester:

But with only 4 days to go, no-one's fighting for them.

It could be they have different ownership criteria and the Schools Class is an asset allocated to a business which is VAT registered.  Either way it's quite confusing.  

Getting back to my original question for a minute though, is £20k + the going rate for 7 1/4" live steam locos?

I dunno, Gordon but they are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them not what someone wants for them.

My extremely limited experience with 71/4" gauge is that most get handed down to the next generation (of family) uncompleted.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

It could be they have different ownership criteria and the Schools Class is an asset allocated to a business which is VAT registered.  Either way it's quite confusing.  

Getting back to my original question for a minute though, is £20k + the going rate for 7 1/4" live steam locos?

Even if they are as good as they are described to be =£23K each is on the high side in my opinion, I would have thought more like £15-16K each as a good starting price with a bit of a 'come on' element to it.  I seriously doubt if they'll get any bidders at the price they're looking for although maybe they'll get individual interest and get shot of them that way - at a more realistic price for buyers.  It will be interesting to see if they, or any of them, turn up in a certain auction next month.

http://www.specialauctionservices.com/annual_trains_galore_auction.php

• 4 weeks later...

Archived