Spotted on Twitter.. Voyager whoops in Chester

Close. It was a Meridian unit (or a Hull trains unit) I think from memory. That one dropped off the jacks I believe. Different situation to this incident.

Correct, Bombardier Crofton just plain dropped that one and broke it on the floor.  Best part of an entire new vehicle was required by way of replacement.

If they lift this one at Central Rivers to inspect it, there should be no (further) damage incurred, assuming they do it properly!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, just read it. Nothing new to report there. I experienced such a phenomenon waaaay back in 1982/83 with a 508 running into Hampton Court. I approached the station, tried to reduce speed to 20 for the crossover (which I did) then the horrible psst psst psst psst all the way along the platform and onto the sand drag, probably 5mph by then.

It's a feeling of total helplessness when it happens. that was before they fitted panic buttons, sanders and whatever else they fit these days. Nothing was said, it was all hushed up and no-one was hurt.

• RMweb Gold

Experienced a similar thing signal sighting from the cab at Hatch End but fortunately nothing in front of us. The driver offered the chair to the Traction Inspector at the start of the run so he could see the complaints first hand. At Hatch End we slid 2 coaches past the platform, to which the Driver said "You won't need to give me a Please Explain for doing it on my last trip now because you already know how it happened". 

Archived