Burgess Hill MRC Exhibition 2014

ChrisR

I see you have a 70's EM layout in front of you Jon...perhaps Nimbus may go wandering over... ;)

It'd need regauging first .... it "teetered" on the St Blazey turntable a year or so ago... such a shame that Em isn't a slightly broader gauge  ;-) I'll get my coat 

Following on from a couple of comments, plus having looked at the floor plans on here, I've adjusted a couple of positions:

Earls Court is now stand 25, to give better viewing (was stand 8 ); Junction 10 is adjacent as stand 26 (was stand 10).

In the Croft Hall, DBH Services has moved to the corner (was 9, is now 8 ), and our two demonstration stands have moved fro nos 25/26 to be now nos 9 & 10. Hopefully this is a better layout than previously.

Umlauts noted Bill. I've tried copy /pasting but on this new laptop (unfortunately infected with laflurla malware) doesn't seem to want to do the pasting. I'll keep trying and somehow it Will get added.

Chris

Well... that's one job done. My old three road photo plank for my P4 locos (put together for last year's show) is now wired ... so locos can tick over whilst on display. Now to finish those other locos and get the 08 to a displayable work-in-progress condition.

I've fitted most of the Silflor on the Höchstädt front boards and fitted some phosphor bronze contacts for the lights in the station building. I'm going to Birmingham next Thursday to collect the engine shed, then a fortnight to scenick the lead in from the fiddle yard. The idea is to "stop" the human eyeball with some scenic blocks, the main one being the engine shed itself. Comments at Burgess Hill, please.

Bill

PS - no umlauts yet!

Thanks guys for the advice/comments...

Bill: The umlauts are now there (Thanks all for the ALTnnnn comment - I'd forgotten these Doh!)

Jon: The exhibition does have more stands this year. There are a couple of smaller layouts which are taking the place of the really large one in the Gym we've previously had. Glad you're a part of it

I've also tried adding to the calendar several times but it has failed for me as well every time. Does anyone know how to get the event there (can an Administrator do this for me..?)? Please?

Nice to see people are getting themselves ready for the show. I'm looking forward to seeing you all there.

The Town Crier will be crying ( ! ) the event round the town in the morning and I've been told it is the Bluebell Railway AGM in the afternoon at Oakmeads school (just down the road) - do come along in the morning and meet your associates in the Camelot Society who are attending, plus have a look round everything else of course!

Chris

Well, it's now May and the exhibition is only a fortnight tomorrow, yikes...

Following on from a site visit yesterday evening I've had to adjust the positioning of a couple of layouts, only by a couple of feet though.

Also, from talking to the caterers, there will be bacon butties available - I've asked for them for 08.30! Hope this pleases.  :)

Chris

This promises to be a great show Chris. First you find some umlauts, now bacon butties arranged, what next? :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

see you in two weeks

John

What next John?? Hopefully full halls with the attending visitors!

OK, Ian you saw the facebook entry too?? It's a new sort of men's fashion item....

Or would be if the tomato sauce squirts...

It's not on my list to supply earmuffs unfortunately. But the sound of a class 33 in native territory should be music to everyone!

Just a quick sample of something new... my "47 twins" project 99% complete... needing shawplan w/wipers that I'll get from Brian later this week. ViTrains models, detailed and weathered... as suits my eye.

Still OO gauge so might not stay in my collection... see them whilst you can  ;)

post-8351-0-03790000-1399230672_thumb.jpg

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's this weekend for the exhibition!. All is coming together, hopefully in time...

The weather forecast looks good, with warm temperatures and DRY. Why not make a day of it, come to us and then, if time is available, why not visit the SWING exhibition, the National Trust at Sheffield Park or Bluebell Railway?

A splendid day out?

I'm sure that it will be a splendid show, it always is. The 13th Street Yard crew have been briefed and have planned their timings, just hope that the M25 won't have a bad morning. The thought of bacon butties will speed them on their way.

See you Saturday

John

• RMweb Gold

No M25 or M23 for me on Saturday.

I am coming by train so will only be bringing my 33 which I was weathering early this morning and maybe one or two other items to run on the layout.

Will definitely be looking forward to  breakfast!!

For anyone coming along from the south east coastal area who may be interested, we're having our first "area meet" at this show just to try and get to know each other a bit better "off forum" - link in my signature below for details. 

So Nick came round this afternoon, loaded half of Höchstädt into his Skoda and has taken it back to Borough Green. Then on Friday, I load the other half into the Vectra and set off half an hour earlier than Nick. The idea is that if we hit queues on the M25 / M23, at least we won't be too far apart! Before Chris checks the insurance policy, I'm taking all the stock. All we need from Chris is the name and location of a fish restaurant so that we can eat before starting to set up; ideally somewhere we can keep an eye on the cars.

Bill

• RMweb Gold

is the name and location of a fish restaurant so that we can eat before starting to set up; ideally somewhere we can keep an eye on the cars.

There is a Fish and Chip shop two minutes from the venue with front parking viewable from inside depending on seat location...Fishers in Keymer Road

http://www.fisherschipshop.co.uk

Bon appetite :D

Archived