Burgess Hill MRC Exhibition 2014

ChrisR

An excellent day out with 13th Street Yard. My crew and I had a great time. Some v.good chats with the visitors too. Appreciated the caterers hard work. I don't think that they stopped from bacon butties time in the morning to the close of the show. They deserve a mention.

Even had a clear run home via the M25, very unusual!!!!

John

Seconded.

Good to see you again John and to see your 13th Street Yard layout. Thank you for the offer of help during the day.

Terry

Very nice to spend the day chatting Terry... loved the layout and the way it remained so very popular all day. Hope you got back ok... and enjoy Railex next week (shame I can't make it).

Jon

Thanks Jon.

Really enjoyed our chats. Lots of common ground! Loved the Deltics.

Terry

• RMweb Gold

Another enjoyable show viewed as punter not exhibitor this year.

Lots of quality there and here's a few iPhone snaps of my favourites...

Jon020's superb attention to correcting and detailing:

post-3290-0-18848900-1400434000_thumb.jpg

post-3290-0-80883500-1400434115_thumb.jpg

post-3290-0-92719300-1400434168.jpg

post-3290-0-48577000-1400435990_thumb.jpg

The MRC's The Minories:

post-3290-0-14787300-1400434224_thumb.jpg

post-3290-0-60984100-1400434285_thumb.jpg

Peter Bossom's 3mm Bulverhythe:

post-3290-0-10930300-1400434353_thumb.jpg

post-3290-0-93109700-1400434481_thumb.jpg

post-3290-0-93230400-1400434513_thumb.jpg

Richard Butler's Westcliff:

post-3290-0-54067100-1400434638_thumb.jpg

Good to chat with Jon020 and Peter Bossom and a few BHMRC members who I remember from 30 years ago when I was a member :O

Already looking forward to next year...which means I need to get a wiggle on and make progress... :D

It was my first visit and I look forward to finding out the date of next year's - assume it's usually the same weekend?

Thanks cromptonnut. Yes, next year's exhibition is scheduled to be held on Saturday 16 May 2015 at the same venue. Several layouts have already been booked and confirmed - will put them up when I get my memory stick out! Believe the Traders would like to return next year, which is good, plus I have had enquiries from a couple of others (again so they Don't duplicate what I already have).

Thanks Pete for the photos: I'm always so envious of those people put up here being so much better than what I seem to take. A selection will be appearing on the club's web site soon for your further entertainment (and yes, I'm aiming to put up those for 2013 as well to serve as a reminder of the continuing retention in standard).

Chris

• RMweb Gold

We had a very good day operating Brian Stennings layout LYNDFIELD. It was good to see Brian there and that he seemed to be enjoying operating the layout. It's the first time I had seen him since Barrow 2012 when the layout was exhibited there, due to his ongoing illness.

He had a couple of potential invites which hopefully he will be able to make along with the usual crew.

Despite this being his first exhibition layout (Bodmin Generally is his second) and most stock being out of the box the layout is excellent to operate and is very reliable plus it looks good. The third rail addition in recent years has given the layout a new lease of life especially as we can supplement his stock with all of our stock that we use on Star Lane.

Will be back at Burgess Hill show next year with a different layout which will be attending this and The Stow On The Wold show the following day.

Ian

post-1557-0-66422500-1400499329_thumb.jpg

As promised, here's a taster for next year. Layouts confirmed so far are:

2mm: Santa Barbara,

Waton

OO9: Childs Hill,

Iianbruck

OO: Gorepton Blymee,

Avon Junction

On14: Skimbleshanks

O: Oldham King Street

Later on this year I'll start the 2015 exhibition proper, but you have this for going on with.

Chris

I'm still building them but may be able to offer an N or O gauge layout of approximately the same sort of size for 2016 or 17 :)

Thanks for the offer cromptonnut. Can you send me the details as you currently know them (via theclub's web site www.burgesshillmrc.org.uk ), we can continue the conversation outside here?

Thanks,

Chris

As promised, here's a taster for next year. Layouts confirmed so far are:

2mm: Santa Barbara,

Waton

OO9: Childs Hill,

Iianbruck

OO: Gorepton Blymee,

Avon Junction

On14: Skimbleshanks

O: Oldham King Street

Later on this year I'll start the 2015 exhibition proper, but you have this for going on with.

Chris

We are looking forward to bringing Avon junction next year Chris, work on the layout is about to begin!!  Unfortunately I was unable to get down to the show this year, but it looks like you had a good time.

Colin

Archived