'Ashcombe'

georgeT

Good evening Al / Duncan,  Thanks for the kind words, they still have a lot of work to be done on them yet,  this evening l have had a long chat with 'Bodgit' and one of the things we were talking about was does he miss the exhibitions and his words was NO he didn't, as they were a lot of hard work and planning, and he is really looking forward to building his own thing TLGP, and l totally understand what he means.

So any ideas l had on building an exhibition layout has gone, so 'Ashcombe Bay' will stay at home, and on the RMWeb,

George

To be honest, I think it's a good thing you have your layout as a 'stay at home'.

Personally, I'd rather see TLGP in progress than one of Andy's at an exhibition purely from a learning point of view.

Duncan

Hello Duncan,  l agree with you, l helped 'Bodgit' at many exhibitions over the past four years, and l really enjoyed myself, but rarely did l have to set-up / dismantle the layout and pack it up into the cars, when l did l realised then just how much work is involved in exhibiting your layout, yes it is great to meet fellow modellers and have a good chat but at the end of eight hours on your feet and all the travelling involved, it is hard work.

So modelling at home at your own pace with no deadlines to adhere to will produce much better models in the end..

George.. 

Good stuff George, will the steps have hand rails as well? and the flashing around the chimney could do with some dark grey to represent the Lead Flashing maybe.

Looking good, which building is next, the Boffey?

And :sungum:

Hello Jason,  Thanks for nice comments, but l think we all motivate each other, l remember being really impressed with one of your buildings from 'Bacup' that you bought with you to show me and Bodgit at one of the shows last year, we also met Al of 'Bakewell' and it was very nice to chat to the both of you in person,

Your buildings have inspired me, (and many more) to have a go at building houses and street scenes, as on 'Bacup' that often we don't bother with, l now want to model a street behind the station at 'AB' and make the buildings slot into the baseboard as you have, great idea.

George..

Hi George, you make a very good point about setting the buildings into the baseboard, it vastly improves the look and feel of the layout.

Kal and wife Jaz do similar things on Arboretum Valley and with most of the buildings on different levels as well seems to help.

And :sungum:

Hello Andy,   Yes l agree. and now that l have scrapped the idea of building an exhibition layout l can really concentrate on building a layout for myself, something l have never done in all the years l have been making models, built loads of models for others but never for myself,

l have started little projects here and there, (as you well know), but l never finished any of them in 0 or 00, but with 'Ashcombe' things are going to be different, l am taking time out to research, and get the layout l have wanted all my life, so watch this space ?

George..

Trying to make the painting and weathering a bit easier, (rather than painting around windows and doors etc) so l painted a sheet of slaters platicard with a coat of humbrol acrylic dark grey, then when dry l applied a coat of tamiya flat black watered down...

post-7716-0-49133200-1389254007_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-51729100-1389254019_thumb.jpg

Hello Paul, Sorry to hear that Paul, l do hope things turn out OK for you soon, 

Hello Bodgit,  No there will not be any details inside, just curtains in the windows, as the street is behind the station so you won't be able to see any details, plus there is so much more work to do.

George..

Archived