'Ashcombe'

georgeT

Hi George.

Out first layout was just 4'x1', the classic Inglenock. It kept us (and a load of kids at exhibitions) amused for hours.

Like the track plan, is that the final version or are you still working on it? Also noted you have a 'Southern' N Class and a late BR something (4MT?), have you decided on a period or keeping options open.

Ray.

Morning Ray,  lmpulse buying Ray, saw them and thought thats what l want (at the time) l have not made my mind up as yet to which period l like so l will probably collect what takes my fancy at the time, all the workings on 'Ashcombe' will be done with a mixture of ex-GWR and ex-SR 0-6-0s of various classes ?

George 

Morning Ray,  lmpulse buying Ray, saw them and thought thats what l want (at the time) l have not made my mind up as yet to which period l like so l will probably collect what takes my fancy at the time, all the workings on 'Ashcombe' will be done with a mixture of ex-GWR and ex-SR 0-6-0s of various classes ?

George 

No room for WC then, but maybe a Q1. I really like these, they're really cute in an ugly sort of way and you don't see many at shows either. Polly hated these when she first saw the Hornby Model, but having seen one in the flesh (at Barrow Hill) is sort of grown on her. Unfortunately they never made it west of Exeter so no good for Camel Quay.

(Just had an email from H*****s that will please her - her DofG with Ltd Edition Nameplates has just been dispatched)

Ray.

Edit - Polly informs me the Q1 was at NRM York, not Barrow Hill. That's where the USA Tank engine is. Doh.

Morning Ray, Yes l'm with you there l love the Q1s too,  l remember getting off at Guildford for a couple of hours on our way up to Waterloo for a days spotting in 1963 and there was always something to see  Q1 / N  / U and even the odd M7, happy days sadly all long gone now..

George

Morning Bodgit, Very nice pictures but this time l am steering well clear of a depot layout, built too many in the past, so l am going to build something like Eastleigh station yard about where the 37s are pictured, as it was when we used to go there, thats the plan anyhow ?

George

Morning Ray / Duncan, No l'm not going all diesel on you promise, it just that l will have two layouts on the go, and they will both be DCC and the same size so whatever mood l'm in l will have two choices then.

Made some loads for three wagons yesterday, so when they are in the goods shed l can remove them and that means l will have empty wagons to take away, much better that taking full wagon away ?

George

post-7716-0-14197300-1392621632_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-80739000-1392621650_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-24772200-1392621655_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-16922200-1392621659_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-79951500-1392621663_thumb.jpg

George as you said on the phone this morning, you have taken my BODGIT CROWN :no:

Are you going to un glue the bits and paint them before RE STICKING them down? :boast: :boast:

Andy, (the real Bodgit) be wary of impersonators :scratchhead: .

Morning Bodgit,  Yes they do look better, l was watching a really detailed layout a while back and the jinty was shunting loaded open wagons and putting them into a goods shed, then later the jinty pulled all the wagons out of the shed and made up a train to depart with the wagons still fully loaded.

So l will make all my loads removable then you'll have empty wagons to depart. also l have decided to make 'Ashcombe'  DCC and chip all the locos so you will have your work cut out when you visit in march as some off the locos will have to be hard wired (hope this wont put you off hahaha)

George

Morning Ray / Duncan, No l'm not going all diesel on you promise, it just that l will have two layouts on the go, and they will both be DCC and the same size so whatever mood l'm in l will have two choices then.

Made some loads for three wagons yesterday, so when they are in the goods shed l can remove them and that means l will have empty wagons to take away, much better that taking full wagon away ?

George

Hi George.

How are you going to empty the wagons once they are in the goods shed?

Ray.

Hi George,

I thought you were going to give us something a bit more sophisticated than that.

I was looking for a way of emptying my clay wagons on Camel Quay and was relying on you to come up with a solution that I could copy.  :no:  :no:  :no:

Ray.

Hi George,

I thought you were going to give us something a bit more sophisticated than that.

I was looking for a way of emptying my clay wagons on Camel Quay and was relying on you to come up with a solution that I could copy.  :no:  :no:  :no:

Ray.

So was I Ray, disappointed or what :O .

So its back to the drawing board for you and me then.

Magnets, that's the answer Ray, simple magnets on a lolly stick, poke it in the whole in the back of the shed and jobs a goodun. Just needs a bit of metal stuck to the load, EASY George, you can do that Friday before you go to work. hahahhaha

Andy :nono:

Morning Lads, Sorry for the disappointment, but you credit me with far too much intelligence, l am looking for a better way too but can't think of any (at the moment) l'm sure there are better ways to take the loads out of the wagons, come on lads suggestions please ?

George

Morning Lads, Sorry for the disappointment, but you credit me with far too much intelligence, l am looking for a better way too but can't think of any (at the moment) l'm sure there are better ways to take the loads out of the wagons, come on lads suggestions please ?

George

There is;

Use Vans,

hahhaha

And :no:

Archived