Ian Kirk southern kits help needed ?

Brighty1674

Hi......I am fairly new to all this (first time I have posted a topic).................I have just purchases a set of Ian Kirk maunsell coaches and amongst them is a restaurant coach kit, all sides, ends, roof, some underframe detail and some interior detail is present, unfortunately there are no instructions for the kit so I seem to be stuck with not knowing what the interior detail is or coach vents for the roof are.......Is there a member out there who may have a set of instructions lurking away at the bottom of your cupboard somewhere, or does anyone have info re the interior fitting of seats tables and position of the kitchen area , and position of the roof vents which would be of great help to me, if so I would obviously pay any costs involved.......  heres hoping    brighty1674..................

I do have one partly constructed, somewhere. I intended to finish it at an exhibition when I was on the BRMA's stand but never got to it in the end. To ease construction and finishing at the exhibition, I pre-painted the sides and glazed them, ready to incorporate into the overall build.

I'll try to find it and its instructions, in which case I can scan it and send it as an email attachment, if you would care to PM me with your email address.

p.s. I assume you are in the UK, in which case, allow me a little leeway on times as we are currently 11 hours ahead of you where I am!  :)

I do have one partly constructed, somewhere. I intended to finish it at an exhibition when I was on the BRMA's stand but never got to it in the end. To ease construction and finishing at the exhibition, I pre-painted the sides and glazed them, ready to incorporate into the overall build.

I'll try to find it and its instructions, in which case I can scan it and send it as an email attachment, if you would care to PM me with your email address.

p.s. I assume you are in the UK, in which case, allow me a little leeway on times as we are currently 11 hours ahead of you where I am!   :)

Hi......many thanks, actually I am in France but that is not a problem, my e-mail address is [Admin edit:email address removed to prevent harvesting] any help would be much appreciated., very impressed with the quic k response.............all the best Dave Brighty

PM sent with a set of instructions.

Hi.............PDQ me thinks, thank you very much for the info it is very much appreciated, and after scouring the few Southern books I have and the internet  all to no avail it looks like I can start on the kit, again thank you very much.............Dave Brighty

Dave: please send me the email address via PM (click the envelope icon below my picture at the left). It is not good to openly publish it, as the Mods are aware of too, because you leave yourself open to all sorts of spammers and other rubbish.

I think I can lay my hands on the kit in the next few days.

The David Gould book (Oakwood Press) Maunsell's SR Steam Passenger Stock 1923-1939, has, looking top down, diagrams of all Maunsell coaches including all catering coaches showing their seating, partitions, doors, WCs and everything, ie the complete layout.   

Just the job many thanks for this info.........next stop start looking for the book !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just the job many thanks for this info.........next stop start looking for the book !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for info......I looked on Amazon and there was a second hand book at £30.00, then went to the publisher, the book is in print for £10.00, guess  where I bought it from !!!!!!!!!!!!! many thanks for all your help with this problem that I had.......................Dave Brighty

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi......I am fairly new to all this (first time I have posted a topic).................I have just purchases a set of Ian Kirk maunsell coaches and amongst them is a restaurant coach kit, all sides, ends, roof, some underframe detail and some interior detail is present, unfortunately there are no instructions for the kit so I seem to be stuck with not knowing what the interior detail is or coach vents for the roof are.......Is there a member out there who may have a set of instructions lurking away at the bottom of your cupboard somewhere, or does anyone have info re the interior fitting of seats tables and position of the kitchen area , and position of the roof vents which would be of great help to me, if so I would obviously pay any costs involved.......  heres hoping    brighty1674..................

Did you ever complete this as I am just doing a D2651 Restaurant First (Kirk) and am using the Mike King Book as a guide? If you gave up but still want to do it then I may have helpful info.

Phil

Archived