Signalling - How and Where?

I think it will be worth looking at CR signals initially because I think that they will be able to fulfill most (if not all) of your requirements from the standard range and their decoder will be compatible with operating all of your signals, and will operate 3-aspect signals correctly for the most part if Railmaster supports 2-aspect distants.

Looking at the diagram I am not sure that signal gantries will be that appropriate, they would only be used on the prototype where standard masts would not fit and you do not have any of those locations on your diagram unless you extend the one at Settell to include the purple loop as well (there should be a signal facing left protecting the point leading to Skiptone station). I am not sure that the left platform starters would be appropriate for a gantry since the end of it will be low relief, and the feathers for platforms 2 and 3 are conflicting! one or other of the routes is the primary - I would expect them to both be right hand feathers since the signal wrong-line working to Settell via the green route.

As for decoders TrainTech do not support 3-aspect with feather which will limit what you can do without exotic wiring and I am not don't think that the Traintronics decoder will be fully controllable by Railmaster without extra wiring between decoders.

Hi Suzie

I agree with your comments regarding the gantry over the two lanes of track. I have revised this and also included a signal coming out of the bottom loop clock-wise direction.

I changed the image on the previous page rather than add another, I felt it less confusing that way.

Many thanks

PJ

Archived