Warley Show 2013

Matador

• RMweb Gold

Maybe you've been looking at the G-Scale  Harz Narrow Gauge (Harzer SchmalspurBahnen) layout. Did the rolling stock look like this:

post-586-0-90782700-1388658056.jpg

If it is the scale would be 1:22.5 running on 45mm track with most of the rolling stock made by LGB.

If I remember correctly the layout is up for sale following the untimely death of the owner last year.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Mostly LGB stock for the weathered 2-10-2's and 2-6-2 and coaches. The 0-6-0 Piffi is I assume from KISS and there were two of the Co Co Harzkamels, one Piko and the other an older absolute scale kit that was pretty expensive. There was also an Aster/LGB Mallet running on there.

Very sad that Michael died and we won't see this develop further as it has been to Warley 3 times as it grew. I had a chat with one of the operators and he said they'd had a fair bit of interest in the layout from the UK and Germany so hopefully it will find a home and live on. The stock is up for auction in March and it will be interesting to see what price the locos reach as they current cost £1500+ and have a very nice weathering job on them.

I have a much smaller Harz layout in G based on just a station imagining the Sud Harz section has reopened but it won't be expanding to rival Shades of the Harz as I can't justify it for occasional use ;)

More here

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/68051-süd-harz-in-122-scale/

Archived