Deadmans Lane. Showing off at DEMU Showcase - June 2024

newbryford

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, newbryford said:

The extended yard is gonna take some stock filling.....

First test of it this weekend in advance of the Ally Pally show.

DLFY21.jpg.3f5df0d5ccde876e3518f83a2fe1c03f.jpg

I’m certain I could fill it, (pretty sure you can as well). 
Look forward to seeing the layout again at some point.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, newbryford said:

The extended yard is gonna take some stock filling.....

First test of it this weekend in advance of the Ally Pally show.

DLFY21.jpg.3f5df0d5ccde876e3518f83a2fe1c03f.jpg

You could just have done a four foot extension of the 2 track part of the fiddleyard :lol:

But where would the fun have been in that.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Jack374 said:

The week countdown has begun…must say I’m very excited to be back behind the layout at an expo after a 2-year gap! In preparation, I’ve finished the purple 222, which will make it’s debut (in finished form) next weekend. Come and see the Meridian on Deadmans Lane at The London Festival of Railway Modelling at Alexandra Palace, next Saturday and Sunday.

E25782AE-C3D8-4B13-AC6E-A7A50BB865F7.jpeg.77cf18c9f9d8de0bf6cd331b788b39be.jpeg

Thanks,

Jack.

Nice work Jack.

Looking forward to giving it a spin!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jack374 said:

The week countdown has begun…must say I’m very excited to be back behind the layout at an expo after a 2-year gap! In preparation, I’ve finished the purple 222, which will make it’s debut (in finished form) next weekend. Come and see the Meridian on Deadmans Lane at The London Festival of Railway Modelling at Alexandra Palace, next Saturday and Sunday.

E25782AE-C3D8-4B13-AC6E-A7A50BB865F7.jpeg.77cf18c9f9d8de0bf6cd331b788b39be.jpeg

Thanks,

Jack.

Ready for the 12:15 off Derby for St Pancras...First stop Leicester ....

Top draw modeling jack.

Reminds me of the proper Modelling that you use to see in 80s railway modeler mag when the top names converter a Lima 33 for a 26 or a 27 that you could only aspire too, any one interested how much work has gone into the 222 check out jacks pages...

At least I'm not going to be the first one at ally pally show to stuff jacks nice 222 into the back of the cement train:scratchhead: it's going to happen.....sky bets odds on,........?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, bradfordbuffer said:

At least I'm not going to be the first one at ally pally show to stuff jacks nice 222 into the back of the cement train:scratchhead: it's going to happen.....sky bets odds on,........?

That'll be probably Andy or Spike......

Although the ultimate would be Jack c*cking it up! Especially if it's the liner train..................

• Funny 2

31 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Although the ultimate would be Jack c*cking it up! Especially if it's the liner train..................

Ohhhh.....my money is on Andy cal or jack as proportionally higher at risk as actually operating!

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, newbryford said:

19 hours ago, bradfordbuffer said:

Ohhhh.....my money is on Andy cal or jack as proportionally higher at risk as actually operating!

I was going to say, in order to cause a crash on the layout you have to have a controller in your hand! Or put the controller down on the track…

After a 2 year gap, I think Saturday morning will be quite entertaining……looking forward to it! Live streams seem all the rage Mick, maybe set one up to show our exemplary operational skills? :scratchhead::no:

Jack.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Jack374 said:

I was going to say, in order to cause a crash on the layout you have to have a controller in your hand! Or put the controller down on the track…

After a 2 year gap, I think Saturday morning will be quite entertaining……looking forward to it! Live streams seem all the rage Mick, maybe set one up to show our exemplary operational skills? :scratchhead::no:

Jack.

What - with an 18 certificate for the horror show.......??

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, Jack374 said:

Jack.

Leave the live streaming for the Youtube 'celebrity's' ......coz there the 'professionals'??

And the Deadmans Lane away team only have facial features for raidio!

Edited by bradfordbuffer
Typo
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 12/03/2022 at 22:56, newbryford said:

The first incident involving the 222 was indeed under the (lack of) control of JT......

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Looked great yesterday Mick - sorry I didn't have a chance to speak but I couldn't find you in that vast layout (although to be honest you were heavily engaged chatting to another punter when i did manage to find you ;)

Hi Mike - thanks!

It was rather busy!

Very pleased with the way DL ran - especially with the new bits and a two-year layoff.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, newbryford said:

Very pleased with the way DL ran - especially with the new bits and a two-year layoff.

And a novice operator getting to grips with this Witchcraft control system :P:P

In all seriousness, thanks for the invite to play trains operate this fabulous layout and no I'm not converting to Narra gauge from the wonderfully accurate N Gauge :P:P

Cheers

Neal.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JackB95 said:

That last picture with the two 08s shunting...

"How many NR coaches do you have?"
"Yes."

There were even more in stock boxes and on the layout, but it took Cal over half an hour at least to shunt them all together. The train left the yard at almost bang on 4:30 if I recall, so it’s a balancing act of having maximum load and minimum disruption to the great pack away operation at closing!

All good fun, though!

Jack.

• Like 1