Deadmans Lane. Showing off at DEMU Showcase - June 2024

newbryford

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Melangoose said:

Had a different view from the back of our layout as we backed onto it (all that lovely stock). 

Note to Organisers: a good reason why this layout needs spectator access from the rear too!

Paul.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 5BarVT said:

Note to Organisers: a good reason why this layout needs spectator access from the rear too!

Paul.

All very well and good but then they will have access to the chocolate hobnobs!......and that is just 'unacceptable standards at model railway shows'....

That's where magic happens to make the illusion of a railway at the front! You wouldn't want to watch a concert from back stage....(and valuables security issues too?)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Poor choice of word on my part (sorry): viewing, not access.  But points about security are well made too.

Paul.

Good to know about the choccy hobnobs for future reference . . .!

• Like 2

Thanks to the team for a fab weekend - only a couple of days rest now before we do it all again next weekend!

We had a couple of guest items of stock, namely a mighty fine FNA-D and 'Caroline' from Revolution, and a tasty Colas 56 from Cavalex. We also spotted a couple of guys with measuring sticks against an 08 - any ideas??? 😁

Here are a handful of photos I was able to grab - as has been eluded to, it was 2-3 deep for most of the weekend. It also appears RMweb will only allow me to upload about 3Mb worth of images, which is a less than ideal...

There are some great YouTube videos showing the layout - I've added a link to one at the bottom of this post.

IMGP9365PSs.jpg.f51e979e88c14a1202016516c6ed2025.jpg

IMGP9361PSs.jpg.b681595125c729aea52e6c5a8d16376d.jpg

IMGP9354PSs.jpg.2b4dfad8830a6f2c16069a068dd761c8.jpg

316619759_1948881308785883_8708823056480701253_n.jpg.7a0b934ddc08eee6f96c1bd11eb5c0d5.jpg

IMGP9373PSs.jpg.8a400431176a88cea87cec037bac7470.jpg

IMGP9348PSs.jpg.5ca9ee6585569a004922c85c5b0d83a1.jpg

IMGP9377PSs.jpg.6948a349ec7a7b4e5f48846b1a1c4f79.jpg

IMGP9386PSs.jpg.85de0275836f93b9f2fea8cbd1ff7445.jpg

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 16

5 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Poor choice of word on my part (sorry): viewing, not access.  But points about security are well made too.

Paul.

Good to know about the choccy hobnobs for future reference . . .!

That's fine and also lots of wire's to trip up on...yep done that more than more than once'....hot soldering irons....tools and sharp knives and most scary of them all.....tired grumpy operator's wanting there lunch!😆

Edited by bradfordbuffer
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Two shows in two weekends. We must be mad/keen/stupid* 

*delete as appropriate.

I thinks there's something missing.

dLBBN.jpg.85a91d7e5847cf3c1e5c40453adae6b6.jpg

But don't worry, we'll be all set up and ready to roll Saturday morning at the Blackburn & East Lancs BELMRS show.

• Like 10

I went to see Deadman's Lane today at Oswaldtwistle as I couldn't make Warley last weekend, and enjoyed the layout, the other layouts, traders and the great tea & cakes. and of course, chatting to Mick and his crew.

Whilst it was quite busy earlier on, this is a picture taken at 4:15pm this afternoon, so it you want a really good view of Deadman's Lane you still have time to go tomorrow. (Bit quieter than Warley!!)

Cheers

Jeremy

20221203_162015.jpg.63fc14ce30261bac5e07b087e58d457d.jpg

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Jeremy Davison said:

I went to see Deadman's Lane today at Oswaldtwistle as I couldn't make Warley last weekend, and enjoyed the layout, the other layouts, traders and the great tea & cakes. and of course, chatting to Mick and his crew.

Whilst it was quite busy earlier on, this is a picture taken at 4:15pm this afternoon, so it you want a really good view of Deadman's Lane you still have time to go tomorrow. (Bit quieter than Warley!!)

Cheers

Jeremy

20221203_162015.jpg.63fc14ce30261bac5e07b087e58d457d.jpg

So thats what the front of the layout looks like!

Yep agree with Jeremy no pushing and shoving like the big shows and time to chat to punters.....come and say hi or you will have to wait 12 months to next one

G

• Like 3

• newbryford changed the title to Deadmans Lane. Passports required. Glasgow Feb 2023
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks to all that came and saw Deadmans Lane over the two shows.

My knees were starting to ache after two weekends in a row.

11 weeks off now until the next outing at the Model Rail Scotland show in Glasgow on 24/25/26 Feb 2023.

The time will be spent catching up with a few maintenance and detailing jobs.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 10

On 07/12/2022 at 13:21, newbryford said:

Thanks to all that came and saw Deadmans Lane over the two shows.

My knees were starting to ache after two weekends in a row.

11 weeks off now until the next outing at the Model Rail Scotland show in Glasgow on 24/25/26 Feb 2023.

The time will be spent catching up with a few maintenance and detailing jobs.

I Loòk forward to seeing it at Glasgow 23 Mick. I've enjoyed watching the videos on you tube.. There's one on you tube just now and it's drone footage of the actual area. It's very interesting. 

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Lowlander said:

I Loòk forward to seeing it at Glasgow 23 Mick. I've enjoyed watching the videos on you tube.. There's one on you tube just now and it's drone footage of the actual area. It's very interesting. 

Thanks - yeah - seen the video and no, I will not be extending the layout to match.

😉

• Funny 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I feel honoured to see myself and Deadmans Lane nominated in the BRMA list. (See header of all pages!)

Looking forward to the trip north in a few weeks time.

All the stock wheels have been cleaned  - again.....

I usually end up taking too much stock to shows, but never really get around to swapping any at a 2 day show - apart from the odd loco that misbehaves, but at Glasgow, as it is a 3-day event, I have a plan that 4-5 trains may get a wholesale swap out, along with a few more locos to give them a spin around DL.

• Like 9

• newbryford changed the title to Deadmans Lane. Passports required. Stand A36 Glasgow Feb 2023
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

That's towards the exhibitor tearoom - sounds about right for you.

Nice....only use to do 25 miles to the cup!....is there a haggis bar too?...can't beat haggis neeps and tats!...that's daytime refreshments sorted....then 6 pints of big T!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, newbryford said:

Deadmans Lane has been allocated Stand A36 at Glasgow.

Front left of the hall as you enter at the main door.

Sounds roughly like the empty Squires space.  About as far from Woody’s Ice Cream as you can get.

Paul.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 5BarVT said:

Sounds roughly like the empty Squires space.  About as far from Woody’s Ice Cream as you can get.

Paul.

It's about the same part of the hall when I took New Bryford there in 2019. The long walk to the ice cream had already crossed my mind....

• Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, newbryford said:

It's about the same part of the hall when I took New Bryford there in 2019. The long walk to the ice cream had already crossed my mind....

Looking forward to hellping/hindering....mick and the team up north with DL I missed out in 2019 as swbo was taken poorly and i had to call i off last minute.......shame that we are so far from ice cream bar.....mick you will gust have to run back to layout with 6 ice cream 99s! Dodging the Rucksacks ...1 meter lengths of second hand code 100 track and the dreaded show stopper.......the deodorant dodger....(Dodgers!)

Nuts and strawberry sauce please!

• Like 1
  • Funny 4