Erith 2014

paddingtonpaul

Erith 2014 takes place over the weekend of 25th & 26th January. Exhibition features 29 layouts in all gauges and scales (including Graubundenbahn a Swiss layout that actually comes from Holland). As usual full trade support plus an increased number of demonstrations stands this year. 

Entry prices remain unchanged at £6 for an adult, £5 concession and £3 for children (family tickets also available)

Also back this year is the Foxley Service Centre - so why not bring along any locos that need attention for a service. 

Work progresses on Höchstädt. The main boards aren't finished: basically I stopped laying Hydrofibre on the main boards at the weekend, because it takes a while to fix itself. Carried on later on the front boards, because they will be laid flat in Nick's car. At the moment I have board 11 drying out beside a radiator whilst I'm fitting catches to boards 16 - 18.

Anyway, come and have a look at progress at the weekend.

Bill

An option for travellers from London would be to catch the 180 bus from Woolwich Arsenal (walk down to Plumstead Road) or from Plumstead (again Plumstead Road). The 180 stops outside the exhibition.

Travellers from the east probably need to catch the replacement bus service to Abbey Wood, then catch the 180 bus; or alternatively take a train to Bexleyheath and catch the B11 to the exhibition.

Or cycle.

Bill

I'm home from setting up Höchstädt . However there are some superb layouts set up for your delectation, including Antwerpen Oostkaai, Kirby Stephen West, Pendennis, Rolt Street and Graubunebahn - the latter being a Swiss layout brought over from The Netherlands.

Of course, there are other layouts coming tomorrow. Definitely worth coming to.

Bill

Very much enjoyed Antwerpen Oostkaai including the former Amsterdam to Brusssels push pull set (SNCB Class 11 + Nederlandse Spoorwegen coaches), the SNCF Alstom Prima, the modern trams (apart from when they derailed!), and in particular the cameo of the cyclist being attended to by a paramedic alongside the bent remains of his bike (presumably the adjacent coach was the culprit).

• RMweb Gold

Great day at the shows. Back home rather wet having got soaked in the thunderstorm trying the find the Replacement Bus Service at Abbey Wood Station (which was not that near to the station!!) to get me to Dartford and home to the coast via HS1.

Really enjoyed the show having spent most of my time on the fiddle yard on Hochstadt - funny but seem to get more enjoyment organising trains in the fiddle yard rather than driving the trains or changing the points.......

There were some great layouts at the show but particularly liked Harton Gill, layout I've wanted to see for sometime. Antwerpen Oostkaai came a close second.

Anybody want a good day tomorrow, get yourselves down to Erith.........

Keith

Harton Gill.

Well, Erith guys, thanks for a great weekend. Very enjoyable.

Thanks very much to the Exhibition Team and to the Erith Club's judging panel for voting Harton Gill Best Layout in Show.

Cheers guys.

The Harton team.

And some photos of Harton Gill at the show:

35648298511_10d36c0e5b_z.jpgP1070117as by Robert Carroll, on Flickr

34969926953_e478d80d89_z.jpgP1070115as by Robert Carroll, on Flickr

34969940953_204f369329_z.jpgP1070114as by Robert Carroll, on Flickr

35610538762_99a2f2e398_z.jpgP1070113as by Robert Carroll, on Flickr

Archived